• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Welcome to our new moderators!

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I'm excited to have a bigger team. I had about 8 people message me and the picking wasn't easy, but I think @JerryTaco2.0, @Nick BBP, and maybe one more will be a good start. I won't restate the things I already mentioned to you guys in the original thread or in our direct messages, but I did want to introduce you to this new hidden section. It isn't exactly thriving with activity, but it is a good place to brainstorm ideas and store drafted posts and such. Additionally, there will be some new moderator powers you'll have and I don't expect you guys to know how to use them yet. I'm gonna create a little video of how it works soon.

Lastly, some things to keep in the back of your minds:
  • Please don't take this as a job or feel stressed about it.
  • Engagement with the members is important. Especially keeping the welcoming feeling that they seem to love about T3G. We don't have any elitists here and every question they ask should be answered with a friendly answer rather than telling them how stupid they are. Or worse, telling them to search for the answer because it has been asked before - I actually hate this type of response.
  • You may now represent yourselves as T3G staff in other social media, if you'd like. This could be in your truck Instagram page's caption or whatever you want, but this is up to you.
  • One thing that gets overlooked a lot are threads being posted in the wrong categories. It happens often and I try to move those threads when I see them. Please try to help with this where you can.
  • Feel free to post your own ideas for the website in this hidden forum. I'd love to make the site better however we can.
  • I really, really appreciate you guys supporting the site by doing this. It can't say it enough.

Few more things:
At the time of writing this, you haven't actually been made moderators yet, but you can see this forum now (obviously). This is because I want you to get in here now but I have to do some setting up of your accounts and still select at least one other person to join the team. At that point I will make the three of you moderators (it will show on your accounts) and I will create a proper introduction announcement.

Also, what the fuck color should the mod usernames be? I tried a few colors and I hated all of them. I'm actually thinking about just using no color but making them bold.

Pumped to be on the team! Hmmm. Yeah, I like the idea of bold black with mod tags but doesnt have to be something that totally stands out.

Thanks guys, excited to be able to contribute, i've always been lurking in threads and stealing some build ideas but i'll for sure to be out there more on the page. And honestly I didn't even know the mods had different nameplates

I'm having a seriously hard time deciding what to do with @solscooter, @Jfrisch01, and @Romp-A-Taco, who are all really solid applicants. Part of me wants to take all 3 of them in, but that would be a total of 5 new mods, and I'm not sure if that is total overkill or not.

Okay, my pussy ass is caving. I definitely intended to add 2, maybe 3 mods this time around. But more people messaged me than I was excepting, and they're really good people. The way I see it is like this: having 5 mods might be overkill now while our average members online is about 30. But I feel our future is bright, and I think this next year of T3G could bring that number up to 50-100 average online members. So why not build a solid team and camaraderie now so we are prepared for later. Right? Right.

Okay, my pussy ass is caving. I definitely intended to add 2, maybe 3 mods this time around. But more people messaged me than I was excepting, and they're really good people. The way I see it is like this: having 5 mods might be overkill now while our average members online is about 30. But I feel our future is bright, and I think this next year of T3G could bring that number up to 50-100 average online members. So why not build a solid team and camaraderie now so we are prepared for later. Right? Right.
Was just going to comment @Tyler . ultimately you have the say, but im not opposed to any of them and they are all very strong members of the forum. Id be happy to have them on the team.

Proud to be apart of tacoma3g! This is my first “mod” position on a forum but I’ve never offered or considered it in any other forum but this one. Since day one, I seen how tacoma3g operated and respected it! ?

It’s pretty sweet you added everyone. I wouldn’t consider it caving though, more eyes the better. Looking towards the future is always a smart idea. Congrats to everyone else who was added to the team!

@Tyler I wanted to make a bunch of threads but I wasn't sure where exactly to put it I thought it would do best on maybe the home, but individual threads to show pictures of specific colors like one thread would be "Show off your blazing blue pearls!" and just to post pics of your rig or request if anyone has a pic of like bbp with x cap or x bumper. But I feel like some of them like voodoo blue might not get to many post and won't be easy to find.

@Tyler I wanted to make a bunch of threads but I wasn't sure where exactly to put it I thought it would do best on maybe the home, but individual threads to show pictures of specific colors like one thread would be "Show off your blazing blue pearls!" and just to post pics of your rig or request if anyone has a pic of like bbp with x cap or x bumper. But I feel like some of them like voodoo blue might not get to many post and won't be easy to find.
You should have access to the staff sub forum now, lets talk about it over there.

That kind of stuff goes here: https://tacoma3g.com/forums/photos-and-videos.16/. You might be right about the Voodoo though.
You should have access to the staff sub forum now, lets talk about it over there.
We're in it!

Hey dudes. How do you guys feel about doing monthly vendor spotlights? Little bio about the vendor, available products and perhaps seeing if the vendor will do a give away or even just a discount during the month they are being spotlighted?

Hey dudes. How do you guys feel about doing monthly vendor spotlights? Little bio about the vendor, available products and perhaps seeing if the vendor will do a give away or even just a discount during the month they are being spotlighted?

Definitely, sounds like a good idea. Gives them a chance to promote product and will attract more members.

Definitely, sounds like a good idea. Gives them a chance to promote product and will attract more members.
That's what I'm thinking. Ultimately I think we need more vender interaction on the site and would love to see them gain traction with the community so that they see the value in the forum.

I have two in mind to start with. One I know for sure will do a giveaway as well as extend a discount code as well. He is a friend of mine, but a very good guy that always goes above and beyond for his customers. Battleborn Offroad. Another is a guy that has a deep connection with a Toyota dealer so he can also help out with new truck sales as well. Anyhow, let me know your thoughts.

Back