• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Weird Noise inside the truck

OAPTACOMA

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
So every time I drive to work the street that I have to go through is full of holes which I avoid as best as I can, but when I go through a hole a weird rattling noise sounds inside the truck. I figured it could be the jack moving under the seat but it is not. Maybe the seat is loose and it sounds? I have no clue...any idea what it can be?

If it’s coming from the back make sure your rear seatbelts are clipped into those holders. My kid leaves them out of the holders all the time and they end up making a good amount of noise on bumpy roads.

Upvote 0
Check to make sure that nothing hard is in your storage compartments behind/under the seats. I had a lock in the under seat storage once that made a ton of noise. Also make sure that your front seats are clicked into their position properly.

Upvote 0
I once had a spare tire that wasn’t up tight against the underside of the truck that moved around when I hit bumps, it sounded like it was inside the cab

Upvote 0
Back