• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sold weBoost Drive Reach OTR (2nd generation)

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
If you've ever researched weBoost products, you've probably read mixed reviews. People seem to either love them or hate them. I'm going to be honest; I'm the latter.

I installed this product when it was released. After initial testing, I was not gaining cell reliability from it. In fact, I actually saw lower internet speeds while connected to the weBoost. I made some changes; move the antenna, raise the antenna, move the receiver, etc, none of which made a difference. All of my tests where done on Long Island, NY in areas where cell reception was poor, fine, and great. Some people say the gains from weBoost are dependent on location. Idk.

If you're still curious, feel free to buy mine! Nothing is broken but I don't have the box anymore.

Here's the exact model I have for $520 on Amazon:

I guess I'll ask for $220 + shipping.

Attachments

• Dev Offload - 34 of 455.jpeg
    Dev Offload - 34 of 455.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 65
If you've ever researched weBoost products, you've probably read mixed reviews. People seem to either love them or hate them. I'm going to be honest; I'm the latter.

I installed this product when it was released. After initial testing, I was not gaining cell reliability from it. In fact, I actually saw lower internet speeds while connected to the weBoost. I made some changes; move the antenna, raise the antenna, move the receiver, etc, none of which made a difference. All of my tests where done on Long Island, NY in areas where cell reception was poor, fine, and great. Some people say the gains from weBoost are dependent on location. Idk.

If you're still curious, feel free to buy mine! Nothing is broken but I don't have the box anymore.

Here's the exact model I have for $520 on Amazon:

I guess I'll ask for $220 + shipping.
I’ve also heard that you need to have your device pretty close to the receiver for it to work well. Good luck with sale man

That is a unique sales approach Tyler. Good luck.

Heh, you are the one who convinced me NOT to buy one Tyler! But $220...hmmmmmmm

Hey, I’m interested in this. I’ve worked with these before and just never picked one up myself. They can be temperamental but over all can be a good use. $220 is a good price as well. Mind shooting me a few photos of what you have since it doesn’t come with the original packaging? I’d be a serious buyer if everything checks out. Thanks!

Hey, I’m interested in this. I’ve worked with these before and just never picked one up myself. They can be temperamental but over all can be a good use. $220 is a good price as well. Mind shooting me a few photos of what you have since it doesn’t come with the original packaging? I’d be a serious buyer if everything checks out. Thanks!
Right on. I'll private message you some photos tomorrow morning.

Back