• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Warranty

TacoBori

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Does anyone know how deep you can go on these trucks before it is no longer covered under the factory warranty? I'm asking in terms of suspension, bigger tires, transmission, diff and everything else associated with modifying a Taco for offroad duty.

it always depends on the service department. some are willing to work w/ you. others will tell you to pound sand and find a way to attribute a failure to the parts you've modified.

hit or miss. I just notice some weeping of fluid from my rear diff. I have a feeling that b/c I've now raised the truck it would be blamed on that.

it always depends on the service department. some are willing to work w/ you. others will tell you to pound sand and find a way to attribute a failure to the parts you've modified.

hit or miss. I just notice some weeping of fluid from my rear diff. I have a feeling that b/c I've now raised the truck it would be blamed on that.
Well that doesnt make sense. Why give you a truck with the capability to go offroad but penalize you when you do. Its like getting on owners who take their supercars to the track

Well that doesnt make sense. Why give you a truck with the capability to go offroad but penalize you when you do. Its like getting on owners who take their supercars to the track

you ever heard the story where Mitsubishi was sending employees to track days to take note of the Evo's that were racing? flagged em all and voided their warranties.
warranty is a dirty word to manufactures

Does anyone know how deep you can go on these trucks before it is no longer covered under the factory warranty? I'm asking in terms of suspension, bigger tires, transmission, diff and everything else associated with modifying a Taco for offroad duty.
I've had a few run ins with dealer ships on my Tacoma . All I can say is everything and anything you do can be a potential voided warranty. Even the TRD intake isn't covered by warranty. As per this gen tacoma I'd say anything on your truck that's more then the TRD pro ie:bigger tires then the pro will void warranty. Anything that alters factory electronics, wiring,geometry will void warranty . Anything that is not suppose to be there is a potential void of warranty , currently my battery failed there "test" they blamed my lights. They did a parasitic draw test and my lights are perfect they then have no words to why my battery is dieing, but they seemed it to the lights anyways thus I am currently arguing back and fourth with them

you ever heard the story where Mitsubishi was sending employees to track days to take note of the Evo's that were racing? flagged em all and voided their warranties.
warranty is a dirty word to manufactures
No i never did. But back in Puerto Rico guys from Subaru and Mitsubishi would go to the open race nights at 1/4 strips and take pictures of everyones plates. I had friends get letters saying that their warranty was voided with printed pics of their cars. Scary thought and very messed up

Back