• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Waiting at the Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to do the PCS recall.
Arrived at 0900. Eta 1500. This is fucking terrible. Someone keep me entertained

How’s their waiting room? Last time I was in some nasty woman was having “issues” and was in and out of the bathrooms, which happened to be in the same location.

It was rough. I got up and walked around quite a bit. Lol

Very much appreciate the reply lol. Waiting room isn’t bad. I’m at Kendall Toyota in Eugene. On a positive note, they didn’t seem to think my grille lights or faux PRO grille would be a problem

Very much appreciate the reply lol. Waiting room isn’t bad. I’m at Kendall Toyota in Eugene. On a positive note, they didn’t seem to think my grille lights or faux PRO grille would be a problem

That’s good. I need to go have mine done but never got around to it. I asked them about my grille and they didn’t have an issue with it. But the tech could still complain I guess.

I’m way over in St. Louis Mo. They usually don’t have any pros on my lots, how about yours?

That’s good. I need to go have mine done but never got around to it. I asked them about my grille and they didn’t have an issue with it. But the tech could still complain I guess.

I’m way over in St. Louis Mo. They usually don’t have any pros on my lots, how about yours?
Ya similar here. You really gotta track down the setup you want and go get it. I ended up driving 150 miles north to pick mine up.
And be sure to call ahead by a few days and tell them what you’re coming in for and have them order the sensor. I had an appointment all set up to get it done last week and put that I was “in for the PCS recall” in the comments. Only to get here and have them tell me they have to order the part

Now under no circumstances am I calling myself a mechanic, but I am fairly mechanically capable and normally do all of my own work. So I’m sitting here listening to these service coordinators pitch so many BS services to these poor people that just roll over. Ugggghhhhh

Always the filters at my dealer. I've replace the AC filter and have an AFE drop in. They still managed to tell me that they were close to needing be replaced. Lame

On another note I have a dual battery set up. They've never once checked the voltage on either. I think must scare the hell outta em

Always the filters at my dealer. I've replace the AC filter and have an AFE drop in. They still managed to tell me that they were close to needing be replaced. Lame
So true. I replaced my cabin air filter in my Focus ST after we had a big fire here. Next day I go in for a free oil change special they had. They tell me the cabin filter and my K&N intake filter need to be replaced. Took my keys and walked out???

Offroad license?

Yeah I’ll get it done with my 20,000 mile service which is coming up in about 600 miles.
Ya I just moved up to Oregon from CA not too long ago and shocked me too.Back in 2015 apparently it became a required state class if you operate an off road vehicle including truck and jeeps. Too many people were dying.
So far the course is common sense. So that must’ve been lacking up here lol

Ya I just moved up to Oregon from CA not too long ago and shocked me too.Back in 2015 apparently it became a required state class if you operate an off road vehicle including truck and jeeps. Too many people were dying.
So far the course is common sense. So that must’ve been lacking up here lol

Lol well that’s a first. I think some people down here should be required to take an on road test every couple of years. I swear my truck is like a magnet to bad drivers.

Well big fucking update:
It took Kendall Toyota of Eugene all of 3 hours to tell me the TRD PRO grille makes the recall void. Apparently Toyota issued a notice on May 13th that any front end modification would do this. Literally all the recall is, is an update and piece of foam that sticks to the sensor. They said they couldn’t do anything. So I said fuck it I’ll buy the part and do it myself. As soon as I left I called another dealer in the next city and explained the whole situation. The service coordinator was amazed at what I told him because apparently Toyota issued another statement that the modded grille would not void. He said “ people mod their Tacomas and Tundras, it’s what truck people do”. He said they will take care of the sensor update and to just bring the part I purchased over. Seemed very friendly and apologetic for the inconvenience. I’m going to have a very stern phone call with the Kendall Toyota because they pulled a similar stunt with our 4 runner

Well big fucking update:
It took Kendall Toyota of Eugene all of 3 hours to tell me the TRD PRO grille makes the recall void. Apparently Toyota issued a notice on May 13th that any front end modification would do this. Literally all the recall is, is an update and piece of foam that sticks to the sensor. They said they couldn’t do anything. So I said fuck it I’ll buy the part and do it myself. As soon as I left I called another dealer in the next city and explained the whole situation. The service coordinator was amazed at what I told him because apparently Toyota issued another statement that the modded grille would not void. He said “ people mod their Tacomas and Tundras, it’s what truck people do”. He said they will take care of the sensor update and to just bring the part I purchased over. Seemed very friendly and apologetic for the inconvenience. I’m going to have a very stern phone call with the Kendall Toyota because they pulled a similar stunt with our 4 runner

Well at least you found another dealer that would do it.

This is a reason why I haven’t brought mine in yet, I know they will pull some bs.

How much was the foam tape?

Ahhhh dealerships

Well at least you found another dealer that would do it.

This is a reason why I haven’t brought mine in yet, I know they will pull some bs.

How much was the foam tape?
$14.97
I don’t even care that I ended up paying for it. I’m just happy I found someone to do it. Long story short: Go service department shopping

$14.97
I don’t even care that I ended up paying for it. I’m just happy I found someone to do it. Long story short: Go service department shopping

Oh I’m just thinking I’ll buy mine ?

And not have to deal with the bs

Oh I’m just thinking I’ll buy mine ?

And not have to deal with the bs
That was my thought too. I just want the update so it doesn’t decide to apply the brakes on me. It told me to brake the other day with no one in front of me, but then disappeared ?

I am sorry that I didn't see this thread sooner. Two of my four girls were born in Eugene. The only reason why I didn't relocate to Oregon upon retiring from active duty in the Army (I was stationed at Fort Lewis, WA), was due to the cost of living. Too rich for my blood, IMO. Are you guys allowed to finally pump your own gas now?

The service coordinator was amazed at what I told him because apparently Toyota issued another statement that the modded grille would not void. He said “ people mod their Tacomas and Tundras, it’s what truck people do”.

The Richardson, Texas dealership (in which I purchased my 2019 Tacoma) looked up my VIN to see if there were any recalls or service orders. They claimed that I was good to go, but your story has me thinking that I should probably check elsewhere to be sure. Thanks for the update!

I am sorry that I didn't see this thread sooner. Two of my four girls were born in Eugene. The only reason why I didn't relocate to Oregon upon retiring from active duty in the Army (I was stationed at Fort Lewis, WA), was due to the cost of living. Too rich for my blood, IMO. Are you guys allowed to finally pump your own gas now?

The Richardson, Texas dealership (in which I purchased my 2019 Tacoma) looked up my VIN to see if there were any recalls or service orders. They claimed that I was good to go, but your story has me thinking that I should probably check elsewhere to be sure. Thanks for the update!
If you go on your Toyota owners app it should show you active recalls

I don’t like being at the dealer either but it was always a little entertaining to see all their heads turn when I rolled in with my shitbox looking like this a few times:
FEF7CC26-65D0-40B4-9AA3-C60761321028.jpeg

0A6BD3CF-2BFA-448B-A815-CD8F821498AE.jpeg

They do that pre-inspection thing for dents/scratches and just cross most of it out like I’m voided from part of the process lol.

I don’t like being at the dealer either but it was always a little entertaining to see all their heads turn when I rolled in with my shitbox looking like this a few times:
FEF7CC26-65D0-40B4-9AA3-C60761321028.jpeg

0A6BD3CF-2BFA-448B-A815-CD8F821498AE.jpeg

They do that pre-inspection thing for dents/scratches and just cross most of it out like I’m voided from part of the process lol.

☝That's pretty funny.

I'm not at the dealership but I am stuck on a train for the next 2 hours while I head to LA to go get the truck.

Oh shit that sucks. Sorry. Barely saw the posts

No worries. I just got home. Bad traffic all the way back, but the truck looks epic. Big reveal is tomorrow. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back