• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wade's Build

The OME UCAs, and the OME 2" heavey duty BP51 set.

Damn, I read that wrong. I thought it was included. Saw BP51 and I went back to read it again. Lol. I just can't get over that labor fee.

Find some Tacoma guys, throw them pizza beer and like $200 each. Lol. I'm just very stuck on that crazy labor rate. Recruit a Toyota Tech. :)

Did you try calling 4WP?

Could be using your OT money for a nice set of Milwaukee tools. ;)

Tool list and most torque specs here.

4WP was the one that quoted the $1300 for the install - 7 hours labor at $150/hr, $150 for the alignment, and $100 for shop fees. That was for just the shocks and springs remove/replace.
Stellarbuilt quoted $1580 - shocks, springs and UCA remove/replace, alignment, and cmc w/ plate welded.
I could go out and but the toolsI'd love to be able to find some cheaper place, or even know someone well enough that they could help out like that! :LOL:

Shoot. Now you got me wondering what garage/shop tools I could get for $1580 instead........ :unsure:

So I ran it by my wife, and she said NO, have somebody install your stuff that knows what they're doing and that already has the proper tools. So, yesterday I dropped her off at Stellar Built, and now she's got a much prouder stance! I can't wait to take her out and bump around.
IMG_4625.jpg

Next up for this is the SSO full plate slimline. So, a lot of places are backlogged, lead times are extended, etc. But with SSO, this bumper isn't able to be ordered unless they actually have them in stock, then when ordered it's 7-10 business days for it to ship. Ordered it on the 21st of November, still waiting for shipping confirmation! I'm so excited (impatient?) to get it!
Next up is a winch and then rear bumper w/ swingout for the spare tire. Also planning to install 20" KC lightbar on the front bumper. Most of that other stuff will have to wait till after christmas though!

Suspension added, looks really clean:
IMG_4632.jpgIMG_4633.jpg

Looks clean, would have looked better with that $ in my bank acct tho 😅

Never seen the front setup with the lines routed behind the strut towers, that something they chose to do or is that how the OME is supposed to be ran?

Looks clean, would have looked better with that $ in my bank acct tho 😅

Never seen the front setup with the lines routed behind the strut towers, that something they chose to do or is that how the OME is supposed to be ran?
Honestly? I don’t even know. Another reason my wife was right - I have no idea how it’s supposed to be done. I could have removed the old parts and then would’ve been screwed doing the install. Had I been installing them I could very well have routed them wrong.
Hopefully the shop got it right! They do a lot of 3rd gens, so I gotta trust they did.

What’s the other way to route the lines?

My kit and the other ones I've seen install like this:

BzIMq8ch.jpg

Looking at more pics of the BP-51 setup, it looks like those mount inboard on top of the frame up front, the resis are just hidden by the splash shield. Not a bad idea, but would be annoying to tweak the damping if they had adjustment.

My kit and the other ones I've seen install like this:

BzIMq8ch.jpg

Looking at more pics of the BP-51 setup, it looks like those mount inboard on top of the frame up front, the resis are just hidden by the splash shield. Not a bad idea, but would be annoying to tweak the damping if they had adjustment.
I see what you mean. I took a look, and it doesn't seem it would be too complicated to reach the reservoirs, those little splash guards are moved pretty easily.

Was finally able to pick up my SSO versa full plate the other week. I got my KC c20 lightbar install on it, and next I'll be picking up my winch. Ordered it Friday from 4WP. I did a search online for the Smittybilt X20 gen3 winch, and 4WP sells them for $730 and free shipping, but they do price matching. Well lo-and-behold, on the google search, up at the top and three pics in is some janky website selling it for $650. I called 4WP and asked about the pricematch, but because the janky website wasn't one of their authorized dealers they wouldn't pricematch it to $650. But, in the spirit of things, they pricematched it as best they could to $656. Not bad. I placed the order over the phone for local pickup, and about 20 minutes later I get a call from the local 4WP store that it's available to pickup. I figure I'd go and pick it up Saturday morning, because of evening traffic on a Friday. I jam on over there Saturday morning, and they're closed for "System maintenance." Looks like it'll have to wait till tomorrow!
IMG_4763.jpg
IMG_4764.jpg

Finished the cut around noon today. I think it's pretty clean. Next up is actually putting the bumper on!

IMG_4801.jpg

It's been a while, busy with work and just other stuff. The bumper was installed after the cutting, of course. I really like it.
IMG_4808.jpg

I don't really like how the winch hook just kind of hangs there, so I may look into some other way to stow it.
I ordered the rear bumper, and I ended up going with Brute Force Fab. It was toss up between that at Relentless, but in the end the price point and overall design decided it for me. The bumper lead time was some 18-20 weeks which puts it about the mid to late July time frame.
Now it's back to work, gotta get that overtime in..!

Back