• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Victory 4x4 skidplates

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
As many of you know, I have the Victory 4x4 front and mid skid. After some lengthy personal travel (overlanding) and a bit of troubleshooting with the mid skid install, I'm pleased to provide a review of both parts.
Ordered them in steel (I would probably go aluminum for weight reduction on the mid skid next time, but I'd have to win the lottery first), and the front skid went on very easily. Really changes the look of the front end from a lower vantage point, and the laser cut out of the Victory logo is the hotness. Detachable cover for the oil filter is a nice touch.
Mid skid went on with some speedbumps along the way, learning how to contort my arms/hands/wrists/fingers into positions I never thought possible, and working with the company to develop an easier install video than what was posted when I purchased the mid skid.
The underside is now protected with a level of armor that gives me serious piece of mind when I'm rolling off the pavement and into the sticks.
Victory was very easy to work with, and I'm extremely happy now that the parts are on.

Attachments

• IMG-1668.JPG
    IMG-1668.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG-1669.JPG
    IMG-1669.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-1670.JPG
    IMG-1670.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-1671.JPG
    IMG-1671.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG-1673.JPG
    IMG-1673.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I most certainly have! I took the Taco out for some mild offroading, and my friend was amazed with the coverage and seamless joint from front skid to mid skid.
If I had to do it over again, I would probably get the raw steel versions and just coat them myself with some spray can lining from home depot.
And I would do aluminum. Installing these by myself took quite the coordination with a floor jack and alot of patience.

Back