• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Victory 4x4 Mid skid

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Having some significant problems installing this component - has anyone on this forum installed the mid skid on a 2016+ Tacoma?
I've already reached out to Vic4x4, but wondering if someone has solved it in reality, besides "it should work" that Victory gave me.

Having some significant problems installing this component - has anyone on this forum installed the mid skid on a 2016+ Tacoma?
I've already reached out to Vic4x4, but wondering if someone has solved it in reality, besides "it should work" that Victory gave me.
First and foremost, what are the exact issues you are dealing with? In detail please, photos would help as well

Upvote 0
Have you installed the mid skid?
I'm referring to the black 'washer' inserts and how they go into the crossmember, and how to secure the nut with a wrench with one hand while tightening the bolt.
I've not found a way to do this successfully. Anyone who has installed this will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Have you put this on your truck and experienced difficulty? What did you do to get this on? That's what I'm going after.
Let me know what you did, and I'll do it. Otherwise, I've got a very expensive paperweight.
Pics will not make a difference to someone who has not installed the part.
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel you. I can't help with the skid plate but I've been trying for a week to install some Victory 4X4 rock sliders and cannot figure it out. They have written instructions with pictures and a video and neither is detailed enough to ensure success. I like their products and they are very responsive. I guess I'm just the dumbest kid in school.

Upvote 0
Picture can potential help regardless if you have installed or not . Some people see things that others dont ,some installs are simple and straight forward , yet confuse some people
Here is there video of the install very simple and straight forward hope this helps you in some way

View: https://youtu.be/lyE6xMu4hnI

Upvote 0
I feel you. I can't help with the skid plate but I've been trying for a week to install some Victory 4X4 rock sliders and cannot figure it out. They have written instructions with pictures and a video and neither is detailed enough to ensure success. I like their products and they are very responsive. I guess I'm just the dumbest kid in school.
PM me the issues you are facing maybe I can help let's not thread jack here:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
ShikyoX, I really appreciate what you're trying to do - but spending more time to take pictures, upload to the website, write a "here's why this doesn't work" play-by-play is just not the angle I was working. Anyone who has put this on will have the first hand knowledge I am specifically asking for.
There's lots of good hearted people out there who want to help for the sake of helping, but I don't want to waste their time by looking at pictures and giving their best guess.
I've watched the video. It's the smart thing to do since it does not come with instructions. However, the video does not depict their production skidplate. The plate does not use the 8mm x 4 bolts in the rear, and it does not have the same mounting holes or mounting locations. Learned that when I followed the video and realized the holes do not line up whatsoever. I had to call Victory in order to get them to understand this. So yes, the video looks easy, but that's not an accurate depiction of the actual skid or mounting hardware (which they had to send me more parts after I ordered the skid).

Looking for the direct approach here, and that's to anyone who has actually installed the component.

Upvote 0
ShikyoX, I really appreciate what you're trying to do - but spending more time to take pictures, upload to the website, write a "here's why this doesn't work" play-by-play is just not the angle I was working. Anyone who has put this on will have the first hand knowledge I am specifically asking for.
There's lots of good hearted people out there who want to help for the sake of helping, but I don't want to waste their time by looking at pictures and giving their best guess.
I've watched the video. It's the smart thing to do since it does not come with instructions. However, the video does not depict their production skidplate. The plate does not use the 8mm x 4 bolts in the rear, and it does not have the same mounting holes or mounting locations. Learned that when I followed the video and realized the holes do not line up whatsoever. I had to call Victory in order to get them to understand this. So yes, the video looks easy, but that's not an accurate depiction of the actual skid or mounting hardware (which they had to send me more parts after I ordered the skid).

Looking for the direct approach here, and that's to anyone who has actually installed the component.
Well good luck on you install !!

Upvote 0
Sorry that we totally missed this thread. It's been a couple of weeks, has customer service got you squared away? If not, let us know of what specific issues you are having and we will get with the proper channels here to get it figured out (y)

Upvote 0
No worries. Believe Chris sent out what I needed, and I should be putting it on once it gets above 20 degrees here in Kansas. Will do a full write up once it's done, and will cover the front skid also. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back