• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Victory 4x4 Blitz bumper question/thoughts

NMBruce

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Has anyone put this bumper on their Tacoma with the hoop. I am trying to decide hoop or no hoop.
I don’t think it will offer any protection, so it’s for looks and the cost difference is $30, so not a factor.
The website has a warning about the TSS being affected, but I think that is only on Pro models because of the sensor.

I have until Friday to decide.

thanks for your input

I just installed Fab Fours similar hidden winch.

With Fab Fours Hidden Winch model they instructed me to purchase "Without" the stinger bar to maintain my adaptive cruise and was the only sensor I found on the front of my SR in that area. Also choose the option from the drop down menu. Victory 4x4 is a similar version and notes it depends on your sensor location.

I like the Victory 4x4 and Fab Fours for their 2 stage powder coating. They hold up extremely well to the harsh chemicals used here in the winter months.

Bonus with Victory 4x4 is you can get aluminum and keep the weight to a minimum.

Make a call to their tech lines and they can provide the specifics you are looking for as will any reputable manufacturer.

I have thier aluminumm skids and very pleased.

Thanks, yes I ordered aluminum with the hoop, but going back and forth on the hoop.
I am thinking it might be best without

I don't find any use for the hoop but absolutely with my adaptive cruise.

If you are doing a winch take a look at my installation post for some insight.

If you are doing a winch take a look at my installation post for some insight.

Thanks, nice work.

I see that you have the Pro grill and your sensor is lower than the TRD OR grill, so that could be the difference, but I have decided that it will be
NO HOOP

The order has been done, Aluminum with powder coating and no hoop.

I have the Strike.
IMG_3159.jpeg

With hoop and before and after grille change

Attachments

• 4D9BAA71-D394-4066-9675-B11290899FB0.jpeg
    4D9BAA71-D394-4066-9675-B11290899FB0.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 114
  • FA1BF74A-06BC-4D9D-9BCB-928EE3467C09.jpeg
    FA1BF74A-06BC-4D9D-9BCB-928EE3467C09.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 95
Back