• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Victory 4x4 bed rack and extras

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Finally got my last box of stuff from @Victory4x4 . They did a great job getting things shipped as fast as they could after being shut down for 7 weeks. Once Michugan gave them the green light they were at it hard. The rack is solid and I'm super excited to put it to use soon. Camping in the Outer Banks in July and a trip to Colorado in August before guiding season starts. Itll have some miles on it. I only had two issues with it. 1- the headache rack option I ordered came as the last piece of the shipment. I read it's best to put it on as the whole rack is being assembled. But I'm pretty sure they sent me one for a Tundra instead as it sticks out at least 9 inches on one side and none of the top holes line up. I called tech support and he asked me to send him a few photos. Emailed the photos right after I hung up and just waiting on a call back now. The other issue was 3 good scratches thru the powder coat on one of the side panels. Appears it happened while packing as they were good and secure in the boxes they came in. Hopefully I can get that squared away too when I hear back from them unless anyone knows how to repair powder coat quick and easy. Overall I'm pretty happy with this thing!!
20200528_164459.jpg
20200528_164433.jpg
20200528_164335.jpg
20200528_141542.jpg
20200528_185441.jpg

Truck looks great, sorry about the miss shipment! I'm sure tech support will get on it ASAP. It's not impossible to install the headache rack with the rack installed.
Talk with tech support about the scratches as well, but in the interim, I use Rustoleum textured black whenever I scratch my powder coat on the Taco. For small stuff like that, I will spray it into the cap and use a small disposable brush (or a q-tip.) For larger scratches from offroading, I usually tape the area off and spray it. They will basically disappear.

I'm sure tech support will get on it ASAP.
Mitch is on the case! I ordered the bed stiffeners and the center console molle panels as well. Tried to install the panels today and discovered they are for a Colorado. I'm sure Mitch will get it handled. No worries!

Got to say, with all the parts I ordered awhile back, Victory 4x4 has some serious interest in customer service. Went through some install issues along the way, but will rep for them when I get the chance. Happy with my mid-ht bed rack. Let me know how you like the headache component - I've been eyeing that this week!

Let me know how you like the headache component
I'll let you onow as soon as it gets here. Still waiting on word as to when it will ship or what they plan on doing. Hope it gets here soon. I have a tent coming and that headache rack is going to be a bitch to install if the tent is on.
Happy with my mid-ht bed rack.
Did you mount a tent to your rack? Have any photos of how it mounted if so?

I've got an Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 tent. It mounts with regular brackets to the top of the rack. I'll post some pics soon - working on my waterport post right now. Stay tuned!

I swear I have a firm grasp of the English language. I type like a child on my phone though lol

It mounts pretty easily - the lower mounting metal bracket is pretty soft, and I was able to bend it without much effort, but it lets me see at a glance that the bracket is on tight and the tent is not going anywhere. See the last picture...
IMG-2063.JPG
IMG-2062.JPG
IMG-2061.JPG

Whatcha gonna put in the below-tent rack?

pondering firearm storage options

I'm not sure. Did a trip last weekend and put lots of camping gear up there that was small and loose. Freed up the bed for large boxes and coolers without small things floating around.
Right now I have a plano weapons case on the cab rack, but it looks odd since there is only one. I might take it down and put it in this below-tent rack and try that out. The plano case holds all my tools and recovery gear right now, and it does a good job in that aspect.
The below tent rack is a great size, and I'm really happy to have additional options for storage other than just a cargo bed.

Mitch is on the case! I ordered the bed stiffeners and the center console molle panels as well. Tried to install the panels today and discovered they are for a Colorado. I'm sure Mitch will get it handled. No worries!
So what happened with the scratched part, headache rack and center console parts?

So what happened with the scratched part, headache rack and center console parts?
I got the items and put the rack and console in. Just need to swap out the side panel and ship back the other parts. The rack is good. Even though everything was square and flush on the rack when I installed it the top of the panels are overlapping. I'm pretty sure it will be good once I loosen the rear up rights and spread it out the next time I take the tent off.
20200623_182919.jpg

20200623_183020.jpg

Victory did a good job getting the stuff to me with the work load they have in front of them.

Good to hear. I'm liking those side light mounts on your rack, near the cab. Got specifics?

Back