• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

vibration

RG Air

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
hi... i have a an 2018 sport 4x4 and went to two dealerships to try to get something done for driveline vibrations. truck is all stock everything. I'm trying to feel out a percentage of how many have this issue. from what i'v'e read there are several attempts at fixing and some work. is there a thread on here that shares those ideas? I also wondered if differential howl is related to the driveline vibration somehow or i just screwed all around. thanks

Last edited:
hi... i have a an 2018 sport 4x4 and went to two dealerships to try to get something done for driveline vibrations. truck is all stock everything. I'm trying to feel out a percentage of how many have this issue. from what i'v'e read there are several attempts at fixing and some work. is there a thread on here that shares those ideas? I also wondered if differential howl is related to the driveline vibration somehow or i just screwed all around. thanks
The diff howl is very common, unfortunately. There is a TSB update that your truck might be eligible for, that is known to sometimes help, although I think it usually doesn’t.

Check you diff oil because they are known to sometimes come low from the factory. Which is bizarre to me, but still worth checking.

The driveline vibration should not be happening if your truck is still stock. You can check the driveshaft U-joints for torque and you can try to see if the driveshaft is bent, although it might be hard to tell with just your eyes.

When does it vibrate? Does it get worse the faster you go?

Either way, both of these things should be brought up to your dealer. I know you tried two already, and I don’t know what they said to you, but this is really their problem and they shouldn’t be giving an excuse and not fixing it.

Upvote 0
thanks... i've taken note of your comments and will be taking it back to them next week hopefully. Vibrations are strongest from higher speeds when slowing to 30 mph to 0. This was my first attempt and applied TSB
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 7.56.34 PM.png

Upvote 0
thanks... i've taken note of your comments and will be taking it back to them next week hopefully. Vibrations are strongest from higher speeds when slowing to 30 mph to 0. This was my first attempt and applied TSB
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 7.56.34 PM.png
Okay, let us know what happens. I’m hoping they can help you.

Upvote 0
I had low speed vibes especially coming to a stop before I lifted the truck. It was much more noticeable after lifting. I installed the wheelers 3° shims and it is completely gone now. Is the factory shim installed on you leaf pack?

Upvote 0
Back