• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

VIAR on board air solution

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hi everyone.

Wanted to post up my viar compressor mounted in the factory bed cubby, and how I ran air lines to each side of the truck. Of course the compressor in a bag with alligator battery connections works absolutely fine - I just wanted to see if I could piece this together after watching tons of on board air videos. I used a 10ft (blue) from the compressor and 2 x 6 ft (orange) lines for each side of the truck along with some air line connectors from True Value. The quick detach connectors topside live right behind the uprights for the RTT bed rack, and it's easy to just pull them out and inflate tires. I also hard wired the cables to the my fuse block and ground connections. Now all I do is open the door and flip the switch. I'd be happy to help anyone with parts links if you send a message. Otherwise, take a look!

Attachments

• IMG_2165.jpeg
    IMG_2165.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2168.jpeg
    IMG_2168.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 94
  • underside1.jpg
    underside1.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-2166.JPG
    IMG-2166.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 93
Heck yeah! I've never run the viair but it looks like a really well built compressor and that's definitely the perfect place for it. That's where my arb dual sits. Now fit an air tank somewhere :)

Back