• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Upgrading leaf springs

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey guys, was wondering if it's necessary to upgrade the leafs on the truck when adding new shocks/lift kit?

Hey guys, was wondering if it's necessary to upgrade the leafs on the truck when adding new shocks/lift kit?

Not entirely necessary but it’s the best option between using a block or add a leafs. I used an AAL and am regretting it not even 3 months later. The rear end sags when loaded down with my tent and some camping gear.

There are many solid vendors that can help you out on this forum and a ton of members with a vast amount of knowledge. You have to figure out what you’re going to be using the truck for and what kind of gear you’ll be carrying and go from there.

what are your plans with the build? If you plan on doing a cap/bedrack I would say get atleast an add a leaf, but if you are also doing a rooftoptent or drawers or steel bumper then you will need a new leaf pack because you will most definitely see a lot of sag. But if you plan on not having anything permanently in the bed or atleast nothing that heavy you would be fine without the add a leaf.

Back