• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Unistrut top rack question

17cementpro

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Has anyone ever experimented with Unistrut as a material for topper racks?

I have this Diamondback cover

And I want top mount a Prinsu Top Rack directly on top

And am contemplating the idea of using Unistrut drilled into and attached to the cover

And attaching a Prinsu to the Unistrut

Has anyone ever experimented with Unistrut as a material for topper racks?

I have this Diamondback cover

And I want top mount a Prinsu Top Rack directly on top

And am contemplating the idea of using Unistrut drilled into and attached to the cover

And attaching a Prinsu to the Unistrut

Sounds like a solid plan, but damn diamond back is a pricey item to block access to . Which what purpose have you decided to add s prinsu on to it ? Doing it to mount a tent?

Upvote 0
Have to agree with Trevor. You really limit your options with that setup. I have the KD Voodoo rack with the Diamondback cover. With this setup I can quickly revert back to open bed . You can put Your prinsu rack on the Voodoo rack,I have the Front runner on mine and love the versatility.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a solid plan, but damn diamond back is a pricey item to block access to . Which what purpose have you decided to add s prinsu on to it ? Doing it to mount a tent?
Have to agree with Trevor. You really limit your options with that setup. I have the KD Voodoo rack with the Diamondback cover. With this setup I can quickly revert back to open bed . You can put Your prinsu rack on the Voodoo rack,I have the Front runner on mine and love the versatility.
Right now I have KB Voodoo brackets and crossbars that function with my cover. What i like about this set up is I can take off just the crossbars and still open the cover. What I don't like is the crossbars have been scratched to hell and are already rusting... I do have a RTT but would like to store it in the garage when not in use and easily put it on when I need it. The *perfect* solution doesn't exist (yet) so I was just trying to get creative about options

Upvote 0
Right now I have KB Voodoo brackets and crossbars that function with my cover. What i like about this set up is I can take off just the crossbars and still open the cover. What I don't like is the crossbars have been scratched to hell and are already rusting... I do have a RTT but would like to store it in the garage when not in use and easily put it on when I need it. The *perfect* solution doesn't exist (yet) so I was just trying to get creative about options
There is a great solution DIY camp trailer keeps stuff out your truck stops your from putting on and taking off the rtt can be set aside when no used and gives your more storage and they can be build for not to much

Upvote 0
Of course somthing like a camp trailer would be a great idea if you have the space to park it somewhere I know not everybody has the space for it

Upvote 0
There is a great solution DIY camp trailer keeps stuff out your truck stops your from putting on and taking off the rtt can be set aside when no used and gives your more storage and they can be build for not to much

Yeah no doubt that would be a fun project to take on to DIY one similar to this and it would definitely function as the perfect solution

Upvote 0
Back