• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Warranty TSB-0092-20 Works Well

HiterSixOne

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
I heard about this recall after I noticed the sluggish performance and hunting for a gear my 20 TRD Sport was experiencing since I purchased it. I went to my dealer, Toyota of Wausau, let them know that I had addressed this previously and that I was aware of a TSB.

25 minutes later and the truck is MUCH more improved. I attached it so you can look at it yourself if you haven't heard.

Attachments

• MC-10181772-9999.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 1,121
I heard about this recall after I noticed the sluggish performance and hunting for a gear my 20 TRD Sport was experiencing since I purchased it. I went to my dealer, Toyota of Wausau, let them know that I had addressed this previously and that I was aware of a TSB.

25 minutes later and the truck is MUCH more improved. I attached it so you can look at it yourself if you haven't heard.
Thanks for this post. My dealer flashed my ECM for this TSB during my 10K miles service. Previously the truck was a bit chuggy/luggy at 65-75 MPH running around 1500 RPMs with a slight incline. Hope this helps and isn't a hit on the MPGs.

Upvote 0
I am scheduled to have this done Friday. You said it took 25 mins? My service advisor said two hours????

Upvote 0
I am scheduled to have this done Friday. You said it took 25 mins? My service advisor said two hours????
I don't see why it would as the TSB even shows the "book" time to apply the fix. 0.4 hrs.

Upvote 0

He probably padded some wait time in there, since most dealers can't get to your truck the instant it rolls on the lot.

The actual flash takes about two minutes.

Upvote 0
I have a 2020. Just took it in for its 10,000 mile and asked to have the TSB20 flash done. It only has 8700 miles on it. Just got it back and I can tell you it's a night and day difference. I haven't tried it on the highway yet so will have to do the second part later. So far I can just jump on the throttle and pretty much spin the tires and I've got 32s on it. I did use the keywords that identified the problem from the TSB. I had previously printed it out and handed to the tech. Also told him I had talk with Toyota corporate and that they're the ones that advise me to print it out and bring it down to the dealer. No questions asked.

Upvote 0
I just got mine done today and then drove it out of Phoenix and up the I17 to Sunset Point. If you’re from Phoenix you know it’s a steep curvy climb. I had the cruise control set to 65 and it was amazing how well the transmission responded. In the past the transmission would downshift or upshift every 10 seconds or more looking for the “right gear”, your motor would bounce back and forth from 2,500rpm to 5,500rpm. It was a very unpleasant driving experience. Today, it picked a gear and we rode a very comfortable 3,250rpm. Between this update and me discovering in another post that you can adjust the rear view mirror’s height, I feel like I am driving a whole new truck! 🤣

Upvote 0
I had this done a few weeks ago along with the fuel pump recall, and I can honestly say the truck feels awesome . Shifts smooth, and feels Much more responsive down low. I don’t know what the did but it works all around.

Upvote 0
Wow I need to look into this. My truck has exactly what's stated.

The cruise control is super aggressive and downshifts at the slightest incline (I live in FL, seriously cmon lol) and every now and then there feels like a dead zone with the throttle where it lulls a bit. Hopefully this TSB applies to my 2019!

Upvote 0
Do the 2021's already have this?? THX
You'd need to check your VIN against the included list and have your dealer hook it up to their system to see what version you have in the truck now.

Upvote 0
Back