TENTS Truck Bed Tents

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

BCJohn

= II • Bronze
First Name
John
T3G Member
#1,326
Hey All, Anyone have any experience with truck bed tents (like the one from Napier)? I don't have the cash for the nice platform ones... but would love to get off the ground. Any suggestions?

RevN3

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
If OP is anything like me then the budget is about 1/2 what they retail for. I love the idea of a RTT but I can pick up a used pop-top trailer for the same money. I get that you are paying for the engineering but DANG! I have noticed RTTs hold their value very well though. When they actually show up on craigslist they are usually only around 25% less than new.

AZ_CAVALRY

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
I found a used bed tent on craigslist for $30. The guy only used it a few times. I don't recall the brand, but it fit snug and worked when I needed it, before I got my RTT.

Tacobeltran

= IV • Gold
First Name
Victor
T3G Member
#1,146
I bought this one online (amazon) for 50 bucks. it was a bit big for the bed but did the job. I then bought a 20 $ inflatable mattress at big 5. so total spent was 80 bucks. my wife and I slept fine in this , the only annoying part is having to assemble the poles and inflate the bed. still though, great if your on a budget.
20181103_180327[1].jpg

Jesse Rizo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
I bought this one online (amazon) for 50 bucks. it was a bit big for the bed but did the job. I then bought a 20 $ inflatable mattress at big 5. so total spent was 80 bucks. my wife and I slept fine in this , the only annoying part is having to assemble the poles and inflate the bed. still though, great if your on a budget.
20181103_180327[1].jpg
08D7DD6D-8519-4BA9-B990-94FBE144DC77.jpeg
I’m running the same type of setup it’s been doing the job lol

JamesR913

= IV • Gold
First Name
James
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#1,512
On govx they have a Napier backroadz truck tent for 140 right now and it's free shipping this weekend. Anyone have experience with this model or brand?

Top Bottom