• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tree/Hammock tents

Lord Humongous

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
Does anybody have expierence with these? I'm thinking about buying one for shorter 1 or 2 night trips. I'm not huge but about 210lbs. Wondering if I'll just end up rolling to the middle and being uncomfortable?

tentsile-stingray-3-man-tent-detail-6.jpg
lawson-hammock-1.jpg

I have had a Tentsile (first pictured) for about 5 years. It's super comfortable and made from super high-quality material. It honestly feels like you are sleeping on a trampoline in a good way.

If it is setup correctly with the correct tension on each of the ratchets you shouldn't find yourself rolling into the middle. In order to have the correct tension the three trees you are tying off to need to be in the correct spot. This might sound easy but honestly I have had trouble finding trees that were in the "right spot" at times.

Another gripe is the size of it. It is not a good tent if you plan to hike or backpack with it as it is too big and heavy.

For the most part it is an awesome product.

Back