• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD Pro tailights

Rigz

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I’m thinking of getting the TRD Pro tailights for my 2018 sport.
Is there a big difference between the OEM and the Depo brand?

Check out RockAuto, I found them for a decent price (not under TRDPro) that are blacked out.

I’m thinking of getting the TRD Pro tailights for my 2018 sport.
Is there a big difference between the OEM and the Depo brand?
Depo is a "jobber" OEM replacment a cheaper copy. Issues you MAY/MAY NOT have

- POSSIBLY have fitment issues ( holes and gaps could be off or larger then OEM)

- POSSIBLY wont last as long ( quality is not on par with OEM , plastic may turn brittle faster , lens may yellow faster from either bulbs or sun light, )

- POSSIBLY could have led issues via longevity, color or brightness ( color and brightness would only apply if you have a OEM and replacing one side)

These are some issues that I have come across in my industries , fitment issues is our biggest concerns , I would say it's a 70% fit to reasonable expectations 30% fit bad ,but that ofcourse depend on how anal you are
On my second and third point overall quality
I'd give it a 70%as well I have had repeat customers come 8years later and a depo light is just as good as when it left , and I have had customers 3 months out come back and have burn mark on the inside of the lens from a halogen bulb, or the chrome reflector is flaking

Apologies for going on and on , at the end of they day however it's a direct OEM replacement and you get what you pay for like anything there is always lemons, I hope this helps

Last edited:
Thank you for the feed back
This is greatly appreciated and always noted.
I think I’ll stick to OEM. I don’t want to buy something cheap and spend more down the road.
Thanks again

i have the trd pro depo tailghts and have no problem with them other than some dust got inside of them that you can tell when you're looking right closely at them but they fit perfect and working well not bad for 80$ in offer up.

i have the trd pro depo tailghts and have no problem with them other than some dust got inside of them that you can tell when you're looking right closely at them but they fit perfect and working well not bad for 80$ in offer up.
I work in a body shop use jobber parts all the time you win some and lose some hahaha, an again I dont want people spending loads of money when there is alternatives, read up on there warranty and guarantee most aftermarket replacment parts have a great warranty, if we get a light or bumper that doesn't fit they will send a new one right away

Back