• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Grille TRD Pro Grille - TSS Issue

Make sure that your garnish is squared up with the sensor. I had hell for weeks trying to get mine working without error codes. Eye ball it until it’s square with the grill, clear code with a scan tool if said tool reads a code, and carry on. Worked for me after three weeks of screwing with it and having dealer look at the issue with no solution.
Yeah, garnish is lined up perfectly with hardly any play, so that’s where I’m stumped.
I ordered an OEM garnish to see if that’s what is causing the issue. If no resolve, I’ll just return it and keep trying

Yeah, garnish is lined up perfectly with hardly any play, so that’s where I’m stumped.
I ordered an OEM garnish to see if that’s what is causing the issue. If no resolve, I’ll just return it and keep trying

Ah I must have missed the part about not having the OEM garnish. That should solve your problems for you.

Ah I must have missed the part about not having the OEM garnish. That should solve your problems for you.
Yeah the one I got was from Mad Hornets. Just ordered OEM from Amazon. Should be here Friday. I’ll update when I get/ install it.

I have a garnish and have no issues, but there actually is a recall out for the sensors. The dealer is supposed to put sealant on the sensor or something or replace the sensor I’ll post a pic of the recall in a minute

Here’s the recall

Attachments

• 99A8CA06-3DCA-4A9B-8F70-00569F848A86.png
    99A8CA06-3DCA-4A9B-8F70-00569F848A86.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 342
Did your sensor come bad from the factory? I thought about if I ever needed to get it fixed, what the dealer would say, or if they would even notice that it’s not an oem grille lol.
My PCS went off today right after replying to previous thread quote, made me stoked that it still works....and then went back to showing unavailable with the orange “off” light on the dash.
Yes mine was bad from the factory. They ended up replacing it

Minor update. Drove about 500+ miles since I've put the grille/ garnish on and the PCS "off" light on the dash hasn't been on for about 3 days now. I'm assuming it has been recalibrated and is working again although I haven't had a chance to get close to another object and have the "BRAKE!" warning come up.
I received the OEM garnish that I purchased but haven't swapped it out mainly because I'm too lazy to take off the grille and mess with it now that the dash light is off. I'll probably hold onto it for a week or two to make sure that I don't need to swap it out.

Yeah the one I got was from Mad Hornets. Just ordered OEM from Amazon. Should be here Friday. I’ll update when I get/ install it.
What did this OEM part run you? I'm considering getting a faux grill for my OR, but want an OEM garnish - they are nearly $300 at dealers and over $400 on eBay now! What gives?!?

What did this OEM part run you? I'm considering getting a faux grill for my OR, but want an OEM garnish - they are nearly $300 at dealers and over $400 on eBay now! What gives?!?
Sorry. Just now revisiting this thread as my PCS sensor just turned off again.
OEM garnish was about $50 on Amazon. Never ended up putting it on. It sensor doesn’t resolve itself any time soon I’m going to swap out the faux one for the OEM that I never returned ha!

yeah I bought a grill from Toyota pro shop with the OEM Garnish. it has been telling me that the sensor is dirty and to clean it and then will have the PCS off light on on the dash. hoping it clears up after I drive it for a bit. otherwise this is gonna be fun to fix.

Has anyone had issues with installing a trd pro grill with a new garnish, and cruise control not working at all. Haven't had any types of indicators on the dash. Tried holding the cruise button down for 3-5 seconds to reset and it does absolutely nothing.

Sorry to bring back this old thread but today I finally got around to installing the oem garnish on my mad hornets grill. I had had no garnish for over a year and no light, now the light is on.... probably because I had to unplug it to install the garnish. I will update when it turns off

Went over 200 miles and the light never went off with the oem garnish installed. Switched back to the mad hornets filler and no light at all. I think when I took my car in for service last year and they did the recall on the tss they calibrated it for the configuration I had.

Back