• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Trd Pro grill

2018TRD-OffRoad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Looking to buy a trd pro grill for my 2018 Tacoma. I know there is specific grills for the 16/17 and one for the 2018 ones cause of the tsp senors. I can not find a 2018 one, so is there a way to put the garnish on the 16/17 ones and make it work with my 2018 with the tsp senors still working? Any videos or photos will help. Thanks

Looking to buy a trd pro grill for my 2018 Tacoma. I know there is specific grills for the 16/17 and one for the 2018 ones cause of the tsp senors. I can not find a 2018 one, so is there a way to put the garnish on the 16/17 ones and make it work with my 2018 with the tsp senors still working? Any videos or photos will help. Thanks

You can get the 2017 Pro Grill and the Radiator Garnish. I have part numbers somewhere for both.

It’s a fairly easy mod. There are two 10mm bolts and four plastic support thingy’s you have to remove, then the grill comes right off. There are also like ten or 12 plastic tab thingys that hold the grill on to the outer plastic trim which you have to remove. The tricky part is not breaking the plastic tabs. Then there are two 6mm Star Nuts that hold the TSP sensor to the grill, which if you can remove from the old grill you can reuse on the new grill. I got impatient and cut mine off. I purchased two 1/4” Push On Nuts from Ace Hardware, which worked.

Or you can order the 2018 Pro Grill from a dealer if you can get a VIN # for a TRD Pro off the Internet. You still have to purchase the garnish I believe. For some reason the 18 Pro Grill is cheaper that the 17 Pro Grill.

I realize this isn’t the technical install you were looking for, but it’s close. If you Google it, there are videos showing how to replace the grill.

Edit: pics of part number for grill and garnish

0FF4644C-1895-466C-A923-E5C5CC8D38BC.jpeg
7FC2E139-EFE2-4B36-BDCC-E5B2A250B948.jpeg

Back