• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD lift kit question

citadelfox

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Can I run 33's with the TRD lift kit? I know it's only 2 inches in the front. 33's are as big as I want to go. It's my daily driver, but I am a weekend off-road/Backcountry camping enthusiast. Not looking for a Moab rock crawler. Just want to be able to get most places in Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.

It all depends on your wheel width and back spacing. Also depends on which 33in tire you go with. I run a 2in OME lift with a 16x8.5 inch wheel that has a 4.25in back space. I have 255/85-16 Coopers and have no rubbing issues. Those are a 33.1in tire but only 10.5in wide. If you run a 285 series tire you will most likely have some rubbing and need to trim some plastic and possibly do a cmc because those tires are wider. Every rig is different tho. Some need it and others get by without it. This is unfortunately a question with no absolute answer.

Back