• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Transmission Temperature Gauge, ODBII

MLBNative

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I am going on a trip shortly and will be towing a trailer.
I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a ODBII transmission temperature gauge.
Also; what is the temperature that I should become concerned at?

Thanks.

I use the OBDFusion app on my phone and a Bluetooth module I got from Amazon. Temps usually hover around 190. When the truck is really working and it's hot it'll hit 210. That's the highest I've seen and the factory gauge on the dash is still dead center at that point. I'd be concerned if it started skyrocketing above that.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. I ended up getting a Scangauge II since it was quick and easy to set up, albeit a pricier solution. There were some good reviews and setup guidance on some of the other forums as well. I like your solution too, I just waited a little too long.
I ended up running around 190 +/- 5 the whole trip down the highways and even in the mountains towing a 3500 lb. trailer and load.
I kept it in S4 and used the ECT and it cruised along nicely at about 2900-3000 RPM running around 67 MPH.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Back