• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Trailer hitch bike racks

B_Lui

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Seems like the family is getting into cycling a bit. Putting two adult bikes and a kid bike in the bed is getting old after just a few trips.

Anyone use a hitch mounted bike rack? Any suggestions or info, what to avoid?

Thanks for any help!

I got the cheapest Allen 4 bike rack I could find and it's worked great for more than a decade. My advice is don't overspend.

I got the cheapest Allen 4 bike rack I could find and it's worked great for more than a decade. My advice is don't overspend.
If you drive down rough roads, I would include damage to your bike and vehicle in the cost of a cheap one. Especially if your bike costs more than many used cars.

If you drive down rough roads, I would include damage to your bike and vehicle in the cost of a cheap one. Especially if your bike costs more than many used cars.
I can't imagine how rough a road would have to be where a cheap rack would cause damage and an expensive rack would not.

Back