• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Review Trail Grid Pro - Plug & Play Bundles - Aftermarket Headunits

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
Purchase Date
Jan 2, 2023
Price of Product
Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Would you ultimately recommend this product or vendor?
Yes
If you're looking to upgrade your headunit TrailGridPro is a good way to go. I recommend.
They don't offer direct discount codes, but I was able to find a $50 code on YouTube review videos.
I believe that's the best deal. I'm not affiliated or benefit in anyway to share this.
I priced out everything individually and it really isn't much more for the convenience. In a lot of cases, it's much less. It only makes sense to go this route. With how I obsess on deals, if I chose the bundle, it really is a good deal.
My experience with upgrading head units in the Tacoma started with the JBL Premium, upgraded all speakers/subwoofer and sound deadened the entire interior, swapped to a CTH PX6 (Chinese Android) and finally this Sony.
With the Factory JBL I was able to work in the AnyTime Camera, Chromecast for Android Mirroring (full streaming), Alexa and all. So I do like function and capability.

Included:
Head Unit ($748)
Dash Kit ($30)
PAC Interface Unit ($150)
All pre-wired, soldered and wrapped cleanly.

Bundled for $848 before any discounts.

You also have the option to retain the factory XM antenna.
Their Anytime Camera also works with the head units they offer.
Includes a 3-year warranty through them.

Don't use their website chat feature to contact. Send them an email or use the Contact Form.

It's truly a PnP solution.

I chose the Sony XAV-AX8100 because I didn't want to downsize the screen size. I wish I spent the extra and went with the Sony XAV-9500ES. I believe it has more features and better screen resolution.

The install really is simple since they pre-wire everything for you. The head unit was mounted in a dash kit with the PAC unit wired to the head unit to retain steering wheel controls.

Just had to unplug the factory head unit and match the connectors. Retains the factory reverse camera and includes the microphone mount they make. It was 4 or 5 connectors total. When watching the installs, just note the color of the antenna plugs.
They include very simple, easy directions and have videos of the installs on their YouTube Page. Everything is pretty straight forward.

I was using an Android unit before. I did like the freedom and capability it offered. Wasn't limited and factory settings were integrated. But after that failed, the Sony already gives me peace of mind. I feel other people will have more convenience than myself since Google locks out features with their Pixels. But I am finding solutions around them.

Upvote 0
Back