• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TPMS sensors for aftermarket wheels

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I'm getting ready to upgrade my wheels as soon as I can get this figured out. To everyone who bought new alloy wheels... what did you do for TPMS sensors? I'd like to keep my steel wheels for winter weather so I will need another set for the new wheels. Which ones do I need to buy or are they all the same? I'm getting Black Rhino Bantams.

I bought mine as part of the wheel/ tire package when I ordered them online. Everything was installed, mounted and balanced.

I bought mine as part of the wheel/ tire package when I ordered them online. Everything was installed, mounted and balanced.
I can do that with some of the online wheel warehouses that are popping up all over. Custom Offsets wants $179 for the sensors. I can get a 4 pack of OEM replacements for $60 on ebay. Hopong those would work.

I ordered mine from Custom Offsets. I just don't trust stuff from eBay all the time.

I ordered mine from Custom Offsets. I just don't trust stuff from eBay all the time.
What type of lugs did they set you up with? Were they conical or spline lugs? I know my factory lugs wont work for my steel wheels. Most of the manufacturer websites wont even tell you that info

Got a set of conical spline lugs and factory TPMS. Wheels were dropped at the house today. Should have the 255/85-16 Coopers mounted up this weekend if all goes well!

I took the sensors out of my old wheels and put them in the new ones... if you buy oem ones from a Toyota dealership they’ll run you 100 bucks each. Also if you get new wheels your prob gonna need some new lugs. Stock ones are universal size so anyone with a t bar and jack stands can steal your wheels. I ordered some from Scs that come with a key and I’m very happy with them.
76B25138-235A-4841-ADC8-160EE52E85F5.jpeg

Attachments

• E8278410-13F8-4389-B0FF-62EE39CE49C8.jpeg
    E8278410-13F8-4389-B0FF-62EE39CE49C8.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 128
Back