• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TPMS Question.

BravoLife

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Got a set of F5’s going to mount on some duratracs. Autozone has a 20% coupon.. what am I looking for in the sensors vs the type of material of wheels? I don’t want to look like an idiot going to get these mounted with incorrect parts, and then try and sell me a 75$ sensor.

If you have a better source to buy these for cheaper or whatnot, please let me know!

Got a set of F5’s going to mount on some duratracs. Autozone has a 20% coupon.. what am I looking for in the sensors vs the type of material of wheels? I don’t want to look like an idiot going to get these mounted with incorrect parts, and then try and sell me a 75$ sensor.

If you have a better source to buy these for cheaper or whatnot, please let me know!
I believe you can take the stock sensors off the stock wheels and install them on your new wheels. That’s what I did when I got new wheels. Did someone say that wouldn’t work for the wheels you want?

Extreme terrain has a 15% off coupon, and free shipping. I’d assume autozone would be quite pricier, probably have better luck just taking everything to get mounted and balanced all at once?
I’ve never really had to mess with tpms sensors.

Extreme terrain has a 15% off coupon, and free shipping. I’d assume autozone would be quite pricier, probably have better luck just taking everything to get mounted and balanced all at once?
I’ve never really had to mess with tpms sensors.
Nothing wrong with buying from Autozone but I wouldn’t trust them to install anything on my truck.

Haha, you have me all confused. I didn’t know either, I’m not really a fan of AZ anyway. I’ll usually order online and wait lol.

Haha, you have me all confused. I didn’t know either, I’m not really a fan of AZ anyway. I’ll usually order online and wait lol.
Sorry. I think I mistakenly read your first post as saying you were buying and installing with AZ. It looks like you only meant buying from them. My bad, lol.

Disregard my confusion that got you confused so now I’m confused and everyone else is confusing their confessions so they don’t get concurrent concussions because that would be confusing.

Sorry. I think I mistakenly read your first post as saying you were buying and installing with AZ. It looks like you only meant buying from them. My bad, lol.

Disregard my confusion that got you confused so now I’m confused and everyone else is confusing their confessions so they don’t get concurrent concussions because that would be confusing.

hammer-smash.gif

Speaking of TPMS, the 2016 Sport I just bought doesn't have TPMS? I haven' seen it on the instrument pages, thought it was kinda standard since 2010?
It should. You don’t see it if you select the page with the car logo and then scroll down a bit?

ah found it!!!
Another thing I like to mention to new owners, since I didn’t know this until 1.5 years in, is that the rear view mirror is adjustable in two spots. You can tilt it in any direction as you would expect, but you can also physically move the whole thing closer to the roof. It changed my life because I’m tall.

(I know you already had another Tacoma but maybe you didn’t realize this.)

Back