• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota is loosening building standards…

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
A news article of Toyota manufacturing, mentions SHORTAGES…..allowing “inconsequential defects - that cannot be seen on the outside. They are allowing blemishes from suppliers , that do not impact, safety, performance, or aesthetics, one report of plastic seat belts, allowing supplier reduce by 75%…
Toyota is getting desperate….Going cheap! Losing there quality controls…. Going backwards…. What will the long term effects be…?
Aloha

Uh, oh. Sounds like they're following Tesla's example.

I copy most of what I posted here, from a news article I saw…
I read the news everyday, Google news, NBC, ABC, Yahoo , BBC, MSN, Hawaii News Now, Stock market news, etc… I have NO TV…and live off the grid…. Got a iPhone and Tablet….inverter and battery..plus a gas generator….recharge the battery and run my washing machine , propane dryer, also a propane camping stove, My propane refrigerator just broke down…

I only posted what I read…. You may debunk this news story…it did surprise me at first of what I read…but there is a real shortage of supplies and parts all over this world….
Aloha

Is Santa real! I saw him a few weeks ago….lol.

Is this what you read? It makes sense to me to relax standards if it doesn't affect function and you can't see it anyway. Normally I wouldn't be ok with this but it's a brave new world.

Thank you….Did the Boeing 737 do the same? ….lol. Letting the standards down….

There is a story of a electric workers who put wiring in under ground facilities….one in particular goes beyond doing excellent work…installing the wiring . A few co- workers mention “NO one will ever notice the work”. But he mentions …correct , but we all know …. Later that person become a Supervisor and always encourage others to perform to perfections..even if no one will ever see the work…

I am sure the Toyota employees will do excellent work , even if there are in-perfections in the materials and parts… that will never be seen!

Mr Toyota in the early years we’re buying spark plugs from other manufacturers….they were finding too many failures on these spark plugs….he decided to build his own spark plugs…that is near to perfection…that is what is install on on Toyota’s ( best to google a read the story! )
Aloha

I read the news everyday, Google news, NBC, ABC, Yahoo , BBC, MSN, Hawaii News Now, Stock market news, etc… I have NO TV…and live off the grid…. Got a iPhone and Tablet….inverter and battery..plus a gas generator….recharge the battery and run my washing machine , propane dryer, also a propane camping stove, My propane refrigerator just broke down…

I only posted what I read…. You may debunk this news story…it did surprise me at first of what I read…but there is a real shortage of supplies and parts all over this world….
Aloha

I didnt think you were lying about the post, I just wanted to read the story too. Thats all.

Aloha

The hell with the article…. I just envy your life style. Aloha

For future reference: It definitely helps to post the link when quoting an article. Not because we don’t believe you, but having the source helps us understand the big picture. And possibly even debunk the rumor if the source ends up being sketchy.

Back