TOPPERS/CAMPERS Topper/Hardshell Reinforcement

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Sota166

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Brandon
T3G Member
I think I originally put this in the wrong thread...

Hello Friends,

My topper has been added! I know you either love or hate them but this will be extremely practical for my family and I. The plan is to put a more sturdy rack on top, possibly a Front Runner Outfitters, and then add a RTT. I'm nervous about the added weight on the topper and am wondering who has experience reinforcing a topper? I appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Brandon

Attachments

• 20180604_133304.jpg
    20180604_133304.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 39

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
Welcome to the #hardshelltacocrew

I would ask your dealer or the manufacturer what the weight limits are. Since I see rails on yours I'm going to assume that it may be reinforced already but definitely confirm and get your specs.

At least for SnugTop what they do for their Sportsman models is make the fiberglass thicker to withstand the extra stress.

I'd suggest bed stiffeners as well due to the planned extra weight.

I'm looking for a set myself due to offroading.

Top Bottom