• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

To Skid or Not to Skid?

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey Guys!!! Skid10?

To Skid or Not to Skid?

Absolutely!
Skid plates are a simple necessity when it comes to overlanding and off-roading. The products we normally think about are the most popular such as rock sliders. However, riding on rocky trails, you have the potential to damage vital components, such as your lower control arms, shocks, gas tanks and similar undercarriage items. And nobody wants a significant unexpected expense. ?

Aluminum or Steel? That’s the question.

Aluminum
: Aluminum and Steel Skid Plates technically do the same job, protect your vehicle from damaging the under carriage. While Aluminum is the lighter option, it depends which trails you are running. If your off roading on simple trails and just need it as a precaution, Aluminum is the way to go.

Steel: While Steel Skid plates are heavier, they endure harsher environments, slide on rocks easier, and less expensive compared to Aluminum. If you’re not worried about added weight, and are looking for a durable long-lasting option, a steel skid plate is the way to go.

Where can I purchase?

So the choice is yours! Are you going to be trail riding near the river, or jumping obstacles in Moabi?

You can get them here-> https://www.ragofabrication.com/search?q=skid+plates

Rago Fabrication offers both 1/4” Aluminum and 3/16" Steel Skid Plates, for all our trail riders, over landing, and off-roading customers. To take a load off your shoulders, we are offering a 10% discount on all our Skid Plates. You can purchase using code SKID10 at checkout.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    445.9 KB · Views: 93
Never skimp on armor or protection... prevention is less expensive than protection...
I have proof.

Look under the front door:
1579813181429.png

That was from before I had sliders. (I know this thread is about skids, but the same principle applies.)

Back