• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tires on Stock Rims/ No Lift/ No Spacers

Hawkeye515

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Maybe the guy at DT is a moron... maybe I'm a moron. Either way, he is telling me that I can go 275/70 R17 on my stock rims with no lift or spacers. (2020 TRD Sport). That seems like it would rub like crazy. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think just about everything requires some sort of (at least) reshaping of the fender well liner plastic and maybe some hammering of some of the metal to clear most wheel / tire combos. But I wouldn't say anyone is a moron. It's possible someones had success on their truck under certain conditions, but I'd say most people recommend some kind of fender well work to fit just about anything not stock spec under there.

Shit will fit... but define fit. Up front you’ll end up rubbing the cab mount at full crank and under any kind of suspension load.

Back