• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tires. Halp!

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
So, I'm hoping to do the 5100's on my truck here in the next 6 months and I'd like to upgrade the tires as well. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have enough money to toss on some aftermarket wheels so I'm wondering... I have a 18 Limited, what's the best tire I can toss on there for some light off roading?

I went with the st maxx but that's for way more dedicated offroading because of how tough and heavy they are. I'd look into the falken wildpeaks, duratracs, or bfg k02's so you get better mpg, I have no personal experience with any but seem to be the go tos.

So, I'm hoping to do the 5100's on my truck here in the next 6 months and I'd like to upgrade the tires as well. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have enough money to toss on some aftermarket wheels so I'm wondering... I have a 18 Limited, what's the best tire I can toss on there for some light off roading?
Are you leaning toward one brand over another?

I'm a BFG fanboy because I grew up with my dad ALWAYS running the KO2 on everything. I've had the KO2 and KM3 on my stock wheels. I also have the KM2 on stock wheels on my Jeep. Out of those, the KO2 is the most practical. But there are still other great tires from other brands that are usually much cheaper so it kind of depends on what you're interested in.

I'm leaning towards anything that is reasonably priced, will last a good while, can handle some mild of road, won't kill me in snow / rain.

I'm leaning towards anything that is reasonably priced, will last a good while, can handle some mild of road, won't kill me in snow / rain.
Try to find deals on the KO2. They're not the cheapest starting point but they do have good deals all the time. The deal I found mine on was insane.

Back