• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tire size for Icon Stage 2 Lift and 17 x 8.5" Wheels

Cgjeff

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
New Tacoma owner and new to 4wd in general. Just purchased a '19 Off-Road DC and settled on the Icon Stage 2 lift that includes the 1.5" AAL. Also considering Icon's 17 x 8.5" Alpha Wheels that are 4.75" B/S and 0mm offset. Their site states 33 x 11.50 tires, but I don't see many options in that size. Not interested in doing any mods to avoid rubbing, so looking for the best/largest tire that would fit with no modifications.

33s are a crapshoot, specifically 285/75/15 or 70/17. Some say no rub no chop needed others say chop hammer pinch welds, fender trims. If you wanna be absolutely safe with no mods, I’d stay under that.

33s are a crapshoot, specifically 285/75/15 or 70/17. Some say no rub no chop needed others say chop hammer pinch welds, fender trims. If you wanna be absolutely safe with no mods, I’d stay under that.

Thanks for the reply. Lift and Icon wheels are ordered and tires will be purchased local. Fortunately, my tire shop is cool about fitment, so if something doesn't workout, they will switch out for a tire size that does.

Back