• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! tire shine splatter on truck body

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I drove the truck too soon or put too much on the tires. Any particular best way to remove without damaging the paint? Figure the stuff is not caustic or anything, but wanted to see what the braintrust thinks.

If a microfiber won't pull it off by itself, then a quick detailer spray should work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best thing for tires is plain soap and water and air dry.
oils - shines attracts dirt.

Worst thing for tires is armor all, but then again that stuff is bad on everything.

Upvote 0
much appreciated!
For a new vehicle (and older)
As soon as I could I used 303 protectant, works great and has a UV (sun) blocker to stop the materials from getting baked.
Great stuff to get a coating on when the vehicle is new made in the USA.
I put it on once a month in the summer (Florida).
1693592469370.png

For the weekly cleaning of dust and human oils and other crap, this is a great detailer / cleaner.
1693592670452.png

Best thing about these is they do not "slick shine" and attached dust and they do not stink.
I hate getting into a vehicle and smelling a product.

The trucks dash and others did not "shine" when showroom new and this is the same result after drying.

Upvote 0
Back