• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tips for making things easier

jeepnik

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
I posted this on Tacoma Forum, but thought some more ideas might come if I posted it here as well.

here are a number of things that one can do to make it easier to operate/maintain your Tacoma. Here are a few.

An electric jack, cordless impact for lugnuts, various sockets for the impact to accomplish other tasks. Hood struts, underhood lighting.
I have and electric tailgate light that mounts to the receiver hitch. It is removable and makes getting heavy items into the bed a breeze. I also have a set of ramps for rolling things into/out of the bed.

What ideas have you come up with?

electric jack

Which one do you use? I didn't even know this was a thing. I just learned there's a pneumatic one when I was doing my suspension.

Not ideas, but they do seem convenient.

Bottle Jack Drill Attachment.
But I realized once you lift it, the jack is too short. Maybe throw in a block or piece of 2x4"? Bolt/screw it down so it doesn't shift.
1685481980562.png

1685481964880.png

Rechargeable Starter Thing
Picked up a Mophie Powerstation GO.

Tire Inflator
Since I like Milwaukee stuff, I also grabbed a Tire Inflator. When you get one, just make sure it's high power enough. Some of the weaker ones take forever to fill the tires.

Fumoto Valve.
Just plug in a hose that it comes with and you can direct the old oil into the pan. No mess.

Toyota 15620-31060 Oil Filter Cap Assembly
Replace the plastic one. Known to strip and break.

Oil Filter Wrench
I have a cheapie one from Amazon since it was free. I like the way the one in the link looks. Probably better quality than the others. Not much more expensive.

Rear Seat Pull Straps
Shameless plug. I make them and that's on my site. I know after 2020 or something, they stopped including them. Just nice to have.

The jack I use is an electric scissor type. Simply put it in place and plug it in and up it comes.

Ooh. I've used a pick up tool multiple times. It's saved me from dropping things between body panels/inside the door and running wiring... Also whenever I drop something in the engine bay. Bolts that drop and fall on the skid plate.

1685488971752.png

1687635056604.png

It comes with more hose than you need.
You only need enough length to reach down to the drain pan depending on how high you have the vehicle off the ground.
I cut mine in half after the first use as it was just too long.
Works really well and leaves no oil in the cartridge.

Because space is limited in the Tacoma compared to my earlier Tundras, I carry this. It's very slow to inflate tires, but it's only used in emergency. For regular airing up on my Jeep I have onboard air (for lockers also). It wil also charge USB stuff.It fits nicely behind the driverside rear seat.
pKi9Oxt.jpg

Back