• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tinted Windows On Taco, What % You Have?

30% all around. Clear u/v blocker on the windshield

20 %

Attachments

• 98AED407-A9FC-43AB-B0FA-116C68B5D934.jpeg
    98AED407-A9FC-43AB-B0FA-116C68B5D934.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 463
35% as per NC law on passenger, and driver's door windows w/UV block protection. Didn't have the rear window tinted, as I have a cap on the truck, and the rear window on the Leer cap is already tinted from the factory. Going to have the windshield clear UV blocked in Spring. I am going to leave the back doors (Double Cab) windows the way they are, as they are dark enough, already.

Windshield is clear for now, 20% all around. Kinda wish I went for 15% or 10% but that's just me

20% Front
43% Windshield
Nothing on rear windows
0A5D1D8F-F5F8-45DE-9065-FDC433E575AB.jpeg

So the tint place told me my back windows are actually not tinted but dyed to 26% so i was not sure what would look good on my truck, i just went all around 30% on all 4 windows and not my back glass because i am getting a shell soon. What are you guys running % on your tinted windows?
I have 5% all around and then 30% on the front windshield. It looks great but definitely a little hard to see at night haha.

Attachments

• 56F77936-24C4-4657-AC02-78792FFD83BD.png
    56F77936-24C4-4657-AC02-78792FFD83BD.png
    569 KB · Views: 182
  • 2BFCC869-CBB3-4375-8266-8B9296DBE16D.jpeg
    2BFCC869-CBB3-4375-8266-8B9296DBE16D.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 207
I have 5% all around and then 30% on the front windshield. It looks great but definitely a little hard to see at night haha.
Isn't the windshield usually a quick way to be pulled over? Or is it not a big deal in some states?

I wish I could still remember the % I have so I can tell people when they ask, but I have no clue what this is anymore.

09E89CED-FDE9-41E9-B601-B33C8860B0FC_1_201_a.jpeg

70D4A298-1759-427D-89FC-44ED7596130B_1_201_a.jpeg

You know I’ve heard that it is but I haven’t had any issues yet. I’ve lived in Colorado, Virginia, about about to move to Ohio, and I’ve traveled to Texas, Alabama, and Florida and haven’t been pulled over yet. Knock on wood though lol.

I wish I could still remember the % I have so I can tell people when they ask, but I have no clue what this is anymore.

09E89CED-FDE9-41E9-B601-B33C8860B0FC_1_201_a.jpeg

70D4A298-1759-427D-89FC-44ED7596130B_1_201_a.jpeg
Yours looks like mine and I have 5%. But could be some other % obviously. Either way, still looks good!

Yours looks like mine and I have 5%. But could be some other % obviously. Either way, still looks good!
Thanks. When other trucks give me a 🤙 and I give one back, I always wonder if they were able to see me or not, lol.

Suntek CIR - 70% entire windshield, 20% everything else. Fantastic clarity with ceramic vs carbon and extremely better heat blocking. I'm never going back to carbon.

rxXTesYh.jpg

I want to do my windshield but my damn registration stickers are in the way. That bugs me. I saw some people cut around it and it looks so bad. So it's like I'd have to time it around inspection.
How scratch resistant is tint? Just thinking about when new stickers on put on.
Does ceramic all the way around really make a big difference?
They can be pretty gay about tint by me.
I had 20% rear and 35% front on my last vehicle and got harassed a few times.

Currently I just matched the front the best I could with ceramic.

Stock rear window and rear side windows are 28% and they are "smoked" NOT film from the factory.
I have 35% film on the front side windows as allowed by Florida law.
If you add tint film to the rear smoked glass, you can make it blacked out very easily.

Only pic I have in good lighting, ignore (or enjoy) the TW200.

20% ceramic all around.
IMG_3280.jpeg

Tint film is like any other product.
The better product the best results in protection and fade resistance.
For years 3M has led the pack and they even have different levels of tint and price ranges.

The 3M on my truck is solid stuff, to this day no dog scratches or sand scrapes.
You get what you pay for,... and a good installer is well worth the cost!

My truck came with "Privacy Glass" where the front seat side windows have a little tint. The back seat side windows have a little more. And yet the rear window has a little more. I kinda wish it came all or nothing. Same tint everywhere or no tint so I could decide what to get. As it sits, I may have them add some to the front seat side windows to match the back seat.

Also considering getting a medical (eyes and/or dermatologist) waiver for tint on the front glass. Not too dark, more looking for ceramic heat rejection.

Would not fly in most States.........
Dermatologists recommend long sleeves.
Optometrists recommend sunglasses.

Would not fly in most States.........
Dermatologists recommend long sleeves.
Optometrists recommend sunglasses.
It only has to fly in Arizona where it's not uncommon (not common either, but definitely not uncommon).
Get your doctors note. Apply to the state for permission. Keep the state approval with your reg and insurance. If you get pulled over and the officer even notices, you hand him / her your hall pass. Out of sate may not allow it in their state but as long as you are visiting and have registration in AZ, you are covered.

It's like driving from AZ to Colorado or the Peoples Republik of Kaliforniastan with windows tint that meets AZ standards but is too dark for them. It might give PC for a pull over and chat, even measure the tint, but if you meet AZ laws they can't score / scratch the tint and fine you for it.

It only has to fly in Arizona where it's not uncommon (not common either, but definitely not uncommon).
Get your doctors note. Apply to the state for permission. Keep the state approval with your reg and insurance. If you get pulled over and the officer even notices, you hand him / her your hall pass. Out of sate may not allow it in their state but as long as you are visiting and have registration in AZ, you are covered.

It's like driving from AZ to Colorado or the Peoples Republik of Kaliforniastan with windows tint that meets AZ standards but is too dark for them. It might give PC for a pull over and chat, even measure the tint, but if you meet AZ laws they can't score / scratch the tint and fine you for it.
Actually depends on the cop,.... If he writes you for it,... you have two choices.
Pay the fine or go to court and try to beat it.

Either way you have wasted time and money,,
You still maybe within your legal bounds. You however have now just spent money or time to move forward.

Back