• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Throttle Body Issue

Fpena6

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
White
Hey,

Just curious if anyone has had any throttle body issues. I have a 19 OR AT with 4600 miles on it. Running ovtune base 87 tune. Had the truck go into limp mode a few weeks ago caused by break override malfunction was able to reset and the dealer back home couldn’t find anything. Fast forward to now on vacation visiting my parents it’s happen to my truck twice (break override malfunction) on this trip, took it in. The dealer here found the throttle body bad. They say it’s the first one they have ever seen.

Any one seen some issues like this?

Thanks

Hey,

Just curious if anyone has had any throttle body issues. I have a 19 OR AT with 4600 miles on it. Running ovtune base 87 tune. Had the truck go into limp mode a few weeks ago caused by break override malfunction was able to reset and the dealer back home couldn’t find anything. Fast forward to now on vacation visiting my parents it’s happen to my truck twice (break override malfunction) on this trip, took it in. The dealer here found the throttle body bad. They say it’s the first one they have ever seen.

Any one seen some issues like this?

Thanks
Havent heard of this issue yet , and a quick look at the TSB nothing reported yet, but hopefully your issue is fixed now, and if people have a similar issue we know where to look now

Upvote 0
Back