• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The Next T3G Offroad Meet and Camp Outing

The Next T3G Trail run and Campout

• Fuck Yea

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • I'll have to pass

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey everyone!

I wanted to reach out to the community and say that we had such a blast at our open house and appreciate all of you who were able to make it out.
It was a great success in our eyes especially being the first meet of its kind that we have brought to you guys.

That being said..I have been doing lots of scouting, and research trying to find an amazing place for our next offroad trail run and camp outing, and I think I found something
most of you will enjoy and love. There is a trail just north of the seven teacups located in seqouia national forest and with the right direction will take you just about 200-300ft from the actual seven teacups location. The trail ends at a shaded area with plenty of room to setup camp and even have direct river access to the same waters that flow into seven teacups, with waterfalls all around. The trip from san diego will be around 5 hours excluding trail time, but for this trail i think it is worth it. I will be scouting out this area this weekend for 3 days to make sure it is the best fit.

I will include a poll in this post to get a show of hands who would be interested in this event and who would attend. I hope this catches all my cali peoples attention and we can get a great turnout for this event.

I will be planning this event for the 3-4 of November 2018 or 17-18 of November 2018 just to make you all aware of the timeline as far as when this would take place. That date is subject to change and i will update all of you as soon as i know if it does.

Let me know whatever changes you would like to see, or if another date works best!

campsite.png

camp.png

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty cool spot! I will definitely try and make this one, but would only be able to do the 17-18 dates.

Spot looks great and I'd love to come out for this one, but I have plans both of those weekends of course. Sub'd for pics ;)

Spot looks great and I'd love to come out for this one, but I have plans both of those weekends of course. Sub'd for pics ;)
It’s all good man as always we expect people not to be able to show and always have a good time regardless! I’m gonna try and schedule them close to a month out so people have plenty of time

Hey everyone!

I wanted to reach out to the community and say that we had such a blast at our open house and appreciate all of you who were able to make it out.
It was a great success in our eyes especially being the first meet of its kind that we have brought to you guys.

That being said..I have been doing lots of scouting, and research trying to find an amazing place for our next offroad trail run and camp outing, and I think I found something
most of you will enjoy and love. There is a trail just north of the seven teacups located in seqouia national forest and with the right direction will take you just about 200-300ft from the actual seven teacups location. The trail ends at a shaded area with plenty of room to setup camp and even have direct river access to the same waters that flow into seven teacups, with waterfalls all around. The trip from san diego will be around 5 hours excluding trail time, but for this trail i think it is worth it. I will be scouting out this area this weekend for 3 days to make sure it is the best fit.

I will include a poll in this post to get a show of hands who would be interested in this event and who would attend. I hope this catches all my cali peoples attention and we can get a great turnout for this event.

I will be planning this event for the 3-4 of November 2018 or 17-18 of November 2018 just to make you all aware of the timeline as far as when this would take place. That date is subject to change and i will update all of you as soon as i know if it does.

Let me know whatever changes you would like to see, or if another date works best!

campsite.png

camp.png
How crazy is the trail?

How crazy is the trail?
I’ll know for sure this weekend and will be able to give people to most accurate description but from what I know it is not super intense

You sh
Alright because my taco is 4x2 so yea lol. Thank you ?
ould be fine, looking at the trail from 3D view there aren’t any heavy rock crawling or anything

Okay everyone, here’s the update: u fortunately we will not be able to have this event on this trail. The trail is closed until Nov 30 for unknown reasons besides safety concerns. I looked for alternate routes the last 3 days In The sequoias and around the area and found one alternative to make this happen, unless you all would like somewhere closer. Sherman pass trail is a pretty fun trail and can be tough in parts that would require sliders, it opens to a large area with more than enough room for all of us to camp if you would like.

Let me hear what you all think, and I’ll keep up to date on this trail for whenever it reopens

Okay everyone, here’s the update: u fortunately we will not be able to have this event on this trail. The trail is closed until Nov 30 for unknown reasons besides safety concerns. I looked for alternate routes the last 3 days In The sequoias and around the area and found one alternative to make this happen, unless you all would like somewhere closer. Sherman pass trail is a pretty fun trail and can be tough in parts that would require sliders, it opens to a large area with more than enough room for all of us to camp if you would like.

Let me hear what you all think, and I’ll keep up to date on this trail for whenever it reopens

You think stock 4x4 with sliders will be ok? Or not enough clearance?

Waiting on my Icon lift so I have to pick and choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back