• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The fun never ends....

Audidood

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I couldn't keep my truck stock... i decided to buy the OME 887 kit. Once installed, my 265s and stock TRD sport wheels were immediately looking a little small. So I bought some 17s and moved the 265s to those. It looked much better, so i took it in for an alignment and they couldn't dial it in. The stock tires were starting to look like bald tires after parking next to trucks with MT tires. I thought i was going to run these tires all the way to the belts, but that didn't happen. I found a good deal and upgraded to 285/70 Falken Wildpeak AT3s and had those installed a few months later.

Now i was getting a little rub on the fender liners, and also noticed that my front tires were looking overly reverse cambered. After a couple months or so, noticed that the outer edges of my tires were starting to round a bit too quickly as well.

Ended up picking up some Freedom offroad UCAs on amazon, and got them installed and another alignment. Now i'm all in the green as far as alignment goes. I get in the truck and start backing out of the parking lot, and when i go to turn i feel this crazy tire rubbing. Happens more in reverse than when going forward, but with just a little flex and a little turning, i'm rubbing like a mofo.

Sounds like now i'm gonna need a body chop. Are there any other solutions that will help? I can't afford to buy new suspension right now?

I couldn't keep my truck stock... i decided to buy the OME 887 kit. Once installed, my 265s and stock TRD sport wheels were immediately looking a little small. So I bought some 17s and moved the 265s to those. It looked much better, so i took it in for an alignment and they couldn't dial it in. The stock tires were starting to look like bald tires after parking next to trucks with MT tires. I thought i was going to run these tires all the way to the belts, but that didn't happen. I found a good deal and upgraded to 285/70 Falken Wildpeak AT3s and had those installed a few months later.

Now i was getting a little rub on the fender liners, and also noticed that my front tires were looking overly reverse cambered. After a couple months or so, noticed that the outer edges of my tires were starting to round a bit too quickly as well.

Ended up picking up some Freedom offroad UCAs on amazon, and got them installed and another alignment. Now i'm all in the green as far as alignment goes. I get in the truck and start backing out of the parking lot, and when i go to turn i feel this crazy tire rubbing. Happens more in reverse than when going forward, but with just a little flex and a little turning, i'm rubbing like a mofo.

Sounds like now i'm gonna need a body chop. Are there any other solutions that will help? I can't afford to buy new suspension right now?
Knowing the alignment specs would help as would wheel specs.

I’m running wildpeak 285/70r17, icon rebounds 17x8, 4.5 backspacing iirc. The first image is the before and after UCA install. the 2nd was a 2nd alignment after doing a road test and noticing that there was still a slight pull to the side.
E496E976-D5BD-439F-B177-D8B1A1EE7D07.jpeg
BE09B0EF-36B3-46AE-AEE0-B20B8B2E795A.jpeg

You won't need new suspension so don't worry about that.

You just need a cab mount chop which is relatively easy to do for someone who knows what it is, and will probably cost you under $200.

Also, turn your tires until they max out. Get out, take a look around, and maybe some photos to post here. Try to inspect/photograph the cab mount area but also the upper control arm area near the ball joint. You might also be rubbing your UCAs in this spot, it happened to me. If that is the case, wheel spacers or wheels with different backspacing/offset would be necessary.

Back