• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The first Toyota 4x4 built..?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I found a story of USA military asking Japan (1954) to built a Toyota 4x4 truck for its occupation in Japan…and else where…any ways ..this eventually lead to Land cruisers …

The first Toyota 4x4 sold in America ..was in 1979 , straight front axles…the bed had tie down hooks on the outside of the frame…Google )..
I actually sign up to get one in 1979…I was number 77 ,on the call list…never got one, (they also offer a long bed too..7 foot?
I ended up getting a 1986 Toyota 4x4 P/U , this was the first year with independent front suspension…1985 was the last year of straight front axles…
Am I old? …I enjoy my shore line fishing, and some of the best spots still requires 4x4 to get there…( Big Island of Hawaii)..
And just to get home on the Coffee farm, sloping hill, dirt road…you need a 4x4 , mainly so you can get back up the hill…lol
Time really flies, enjoy life, be good, stay honest,, treat everyone as a friend,

Hate is actually taught to us! Every where around the world …it begins with children…who learns this behavior! ..and as they grow ..passes on to there children…( a never ending story…). Sorry got carry away..
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back