• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Teaser........... C4 Hybrid Front Bumper

tyta_taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Just a little teaser...... trimmed to match the fender lines before going off to powder coating (and yes, I'll be trimming the body as well for a clean/parallel line). ???
trimmed.jpg

Sick! It looks like you went with the high bullbar option too. I love the look of that bumper so much! I'd mount a couple of LP9s in there

Sick! It looks like you went with the high bullbar option too. I love the look of that bumper so much! I'd mount a couple of LP9s in there
I’ve got a couple of squadrons and S2’s going in ?

Yeah, went with the full bullbar! Can’t wait for it to get back and installed. Stay tuned..... 11/11

id give yourself a little room between it and your fender. If you have any bad bushings, jump it, or bounce the front super hard, the body will move separate from the bumper and be a quick way to crinkle the shit out of your fenders. otherwise the trim looks great.

id give yourself a little room between it and your fender. If you have any bad bushings, jump it, or bounce the front super hard, the body will move separate from the bumper and be a quick way to crinkle the shit out of your fenders. otherwise the trim looks great.

appreciate the info. Once it’s back from powder coat and I trim the fenders, I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Ive had that experience first hand...I jump the taco on the dunes quite often, only have about 1/2" between the hybrid bumper and the body and now "both" my headlights have condensation in them from the bumper hitting the body and breaking the seals of the headlights :/

Attachments

• IMG-4074.JPG
    IMG-4074.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 119
Just a little teaser...... trimmed to match the fender lines before going off to powder coating (and yes, I'll be trimming the body as well for a clean/parallel line). ???
looks badass!! Im gonna have to do this next summer when I jump up to 35"s as well, both trimming the fenders and my hybrid bumper as well. Your gonna love the bumper man...best one out there!

looks badass!! Im gonna have to do this next summer when I jump up to 35"s as well, both trimming the fenders and my hybrid bumper as well. Your gonna love the bumper man...best one out there!

Can't wait. I'm always checking out your pictures on IG and day dreaming lol. Mine should be back from powder coating this weekend, hoping to have it on my Monday.

Ive had that experience first hand...I jump the taco on the dunes quite often, only have about 1/2" between the hybrid bumper and the body and now "both" my headlights have condensation in them from the bumper hitting the body and breaking the seals of the headlights :/

How much trimming do you recommend?

Can't wait. I'm always checking out your pictures on IG and day dreaming lol. Mine should be back from powder coating this weekend, hoping to have it on my Monday.

How much trimming do you recommend?
Haha thanks! Im looking to get a snorkel next so its really cool to see the bumper with the 35"s and trimmed fenders like your doing!!

I have 1/2" now and its too narrow...I would do 3/4" at least if you plan on wheeling hard

Back