• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tapatalk?

JamesR913

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Have the mods considered putting the forum on Tapatalk? Or maybe just making a standalone app?

Tapatalk, no, because XenForo has a really great built in mobile UI. The only benefit to Tapatalk at that point are the push notifications. And even then, XenForo 2.1 (coming soon) is adding push notification support for most browsers except Safari.

A standalone app would be cool because it would get us some visibility in the app store. But that's actually very expensive to create.

Have the mods considered putting the forum on Tapatalk? Or maybe just making a standalone app?
I started creating an app that includes notifications for both IOS and android, but it got put on hold. I may start working on this again, however i dont think its our biggest priority at the moment.

I started creating an app that includes notifications for both IOS and android, but it got put on hold. I may start working on this again, however i dont think its our biggest priority at the moment.
Yea I don’t wanna step since I’m not owner/creator/admin but I think the focus should be on the website just for now its growing steadily so I’m sure in time you guys can make it happen though. You guys are doing awesome on this just saying ?

Yea I don’t wanna step since I’m not owner/creator/admin but I think the focus should be on the website just for now its growing steadily so I’m sure in time you guys can make it happen though. You guys are doing awesome on this just saying ?
Thank you!

Back