• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Talk me out of these spacers

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So I was plugging around on Amazon for interesting parts and I stumbled on these:

They are crazy cheap which I wonder if that is reason alone to hesitate. I'm all stock though and I like the idea of a wider stance if only for the looks...but I don't really know the pros and cons of spacers. I searched around the forums but I couldn't really find a breakdown. Anyone want to school me or point me to a source?

I've run Spidertrax before , they are very well made. I would probably avoid bargain spacers if it were me, fwiw.

Avoid bargain spacers at all cost.

It’s cheaper in the long run.

I got some from Marlin Crawler (g2), thinking they would be good. Had to grind down studs to work with my wheels and then turned around and took them off the next evening. Not going to risk it at all.

Planning on new wheels to make up for the spacer look I wanted.

So I was plugging around on Amazon for interesting parts and I stumbled on these:

They are crazy cheap which I wonder if that is reason alone to hesitate. I'm all stock though and I like the idea of a wider stance if only for the looks...but I don't really know the pros and cons of spacers. I searched around the forums but I couldn't really find a breakdown. Anyone want to school me or point me to a source?
Cons - are " creating a greater leverage point" on your hub it may or may not create extra wear on components
Cons - may have tire rub (your stock so not really an issue)
Cons - if your studs are long and improper rims you may have to replace studs or grind them like @Jfrisch01
Cons - cheapos may or may not be inferior grade of metal for the task
Cons- cheapos have cheap powdercoating
Pros - make the truck look great

Last edited:
Back