• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Tail lights don’t turn on but my brake lights do?

datmoffbry

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
When my lights are on, my tail lights are completely off but when I press on the brakes they work. Anyone know what’s going on there? It’s a 2020 TRD off road with OEM lights. Thanks in advance!

Many are times when one set of light filaments maybe burnt out? ..You should be under warranty?
Brake lights and tail lights are usually separate set of lights ?
Aloha,

Upvote 0
Many are times when one set of light filaments maybe burnt out? ..You should be under warranty?
Brake lights and tail lights are usually separate set of lights ?
Aloha,
Yeah I was still under warranty so Toyota fixed it free of charge. They only told me I had a blown fuse but the guy I spoke with couldn’t tell me which fuse it was since he wasn’t the mechanic that worked on it. I checked the fuses that said tail lights but they were fine. Thanks for the help! I couldn’t figure out how to delete this post

Upvote 0
Back