• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Taco Wave

Silent_Taco4x4

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
All right fellow T3Gers, how do you feel about waving to or getting waved at by fellow Taco owners?
I personally enjoy it and don't discriminate 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gens get waved at by me, I ask cause I just heard from the wife who has the Taco right now and she just got waved to from a fellow T3G.

I always look to see if they acknowledge me, but since the Tacoma is used as a workhorse and not always for the enthusiast can't really initiate the wave on stock trucks. I'll try and give a nod or two fingers up to a modified one but there aren't really more then 5 local to me

I always look to see if they acknowledge me, but since the Tacoma is used as a workhorse and not always for the enthusiast can't really initiate the wave on stock trucks. I'll try and give a nod or two fingers up to a modified one but there aren't really more then 5 local to me
I agree about the stock/modified thing.

come to find out, I saw this modded Blazing blue TRD Off Road... completely modded out with Pilfreybilt bumpers and winch... sliders and ditch lights.. with some nice Ray10's around town.... Come to find out it was an older lady in her late 40's 50's i didn't realize til i waved at her that she had no idea why i waved at her from my Taco.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

My girlfriend has a Jeep and I constantly forget to wave when I’m driving it and she yells at me for it ??‍♀️ Meanwhile, I mainly just stare at other tacos that are modded. Actually the other day in stop and go traffic me and another taco owner caught each other checking out one another’s rides ?

My girlfriend has a Jeep and I constantly forget to wave when I’m driving it and she yells at me for it ??‍♀️ Meanwhile, I mainly just stare at other tacos that are modded. Actually the other day in stop and go traffic me and another taco owner caught each other checking out one another’s rides ?
My wife has a Jeep too and I usually forget the Jeep wave but if she's ever driving my Taco she usually ends up waving at Jeeps, lol.

My wife has a Jeep too and I usually forget the Jeep wave but if she's ever driving my Taco she usually ends up waving at Jeeps, lol.
My wife almost bought a Jeep last year, but she grew up on the East Coast and the only thing I can picture her waving while driving is the middle finger... the Jeep-driver-reputation dodged a bullet when she decided to pass

To be honest, I usually can barely even see through the windshield on an oncoming 3rd gen. People might be waving at me and I can’t even tell, lol.

I got the Taco wave last night on the way home from a member on a firearms board I am on. I laughed so hard, and my mom (who I was on the phone with, I only call my family during my commute), was like, are you OK? LMAO

It's not a Taco, but I think he deserves a wave...
20180511_111933.jpg

Especially for his parking job...
20180511_111943.jpg

Yes, the jeep was there first.

In so cal I've seen a taco every few miles or even blocks while driving so I don't wave however when they do I reciprocate.

I got a thumbs up from a 4runner owner so I waved back.

Back