• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tablet dash mount

Shaw720

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I'm looking for dash mount options for a large tablet for GPS. I have a mount but it bounces around too much.

TPAM from expedition essentials

IMG_1376.jpeg

I ended up getting the Ram X-mount for my iPad. It still bounces around a bit, but I have one of the longer Ram arms connected to it. I'm sure if it was a little closer to the dash, it wouldn't bounce around as much. But as for the mount, it's solid and I've never worried about the iPad falling off.

1593187206411.png

I have the 3TPAM from Expedition Essentials, but not yet installed. If you're interested, I'm actually trying to unload it. It is the older version with the USBs that does not sit flush like their current style. They came out with the flush style shortly after I ordered it and I would prefer the flush style.

Very much this. But it’s possible to mount it much lower than that. I’ll show you what mine looks like when I actually install it.

Yeah. But I needed to see the stereo!!

Honestly without mounting the same item to multiple points, everything is going to wobble. A tablet is heavy and having it hang off an arm however long is a lot of leverage to make it bounce around. You'd have to attach it to multiple points on the dash to stop it from bouncing around.

Back