• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension Problem

CCTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCLB Auto
White
My suspension problem is which brand to go with lol. I'm deploying in January so I'm making a list of upgrades that I will be purchasing a month prior to returning. I keep seeing people rave about King, Icon and OME, and for that reason those are my top 3. I really don't want to go over 2500 because I also will be buying new wheels and tires as well. I just want strong reliable recommendations for full suspension kits for a 2019 DCLB Tacoma. I will be using it for mostly hitting trails, driving out on the beach, and overlanding trips, but I'm not looking to climb rocks or anything that extreme. Any help will be greatly appreciated guys!

This is quite the problem!

OME/Bilstein kits are good for entry level and budget friendly builds. They'll get you the 2-3" of lift you want and improve your ride on and off-road a bit. A heavier duty leaf pack is useful for the overlanding trips when you might be carrying a few hundred pounds of gear and a tent.

Icon and King offer more performance and fancier components for higher prices. Your budget should allow you to use one of the lower end kits from these two but they will still be an upgrade over the entry level OME/Bilstein stuff. Specifically Icon makes it simple to order everything in one shot (adjustable coilovers, remote reservoir shocks, upper control arms, and leaf spring replacements) and you'll be on your way with a really solid and fancy looking setup. I have their stage 2/3 components and the truck rides like butter on and off the road.

This is quite the problem!

OME/Bilstein kits are good for entry level and budget friendly builds. They'll get you the 2-3" of lift you want and improve your ride on and off-road a bit. A heavier duty leaf pack is useful for the overlanding trips when you might be carrying a few hundred pounds of gear and a tent.

Icon and King offer more performance and fancier components for higher prices. Your budget should allow you to use one of the lower end kits from these two but they will still be an upgrade over the entry level OME/Bilstein stuff. Specifically Icon makes it simple to order everything in one shot (adjustable coilovers, remote reservoir shocks, upper control arms, and leaf spring replacements) and you'll be on your way with a really solid and fancy looking setup. I have their stage 2/3 components and the truck rides like butter on and off the road.

Great info! I was looking at the Stage 2/3 Icon kits.

I've never heard of Radflo....Is that what you're running?

Nahhh. I’m running fox. I’ll be running radflo next though. They weren’t yet a vendor for them when I installed the fox

Do you know how long that might take? Don’t want to do a rebuild?

from what i understand it depends on how hard you are on it. 50-75k would be my guess

Back