• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension Options...first post

coleTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
First post
Greetings Taco family, coming at you from Omaha Nebraska. Just joined the community after buying a barcelona red 2018 TRD off-road a couple months ago and absolutely love it. Everything's stock right now except for a K&N cool air intake (which sounds b-e-a-utiful). I'm looking for some advice on a suspension lift and tires. I've been hesitant to lift the taco until i'm positive what lift to use. So far my options are the dealership that quoted me 3000 to lift it 2.5-3" using a ToyTec, a local truck accessory shop quoted me 1100 for a 3" ReadyLift and 2700 for a 4" BDS, and my buddy who is a mechanic recommended a 3" Rough Country that he could install for 1300. I plan to take it off road a few times a year but nothing crazy as I live in Nebraska, it will mainly be for the clean look.
Do any of those options stand out to you guys? I've read quite a few threads on here and it seems most of you are rolling with Bilstein's. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for so I just wanted to get your guys opinions on the best lift for price and quality. Really appreciate any feedback!

this is very expensive compared to what you could really get for 3k. also a rough country lift should not run you 1300$ nor should you pay that. you could go bilstein 5100's and get about a 2.5" for half that price. Do some research on your own, and dont trust these people. Also installing your suspension is easy to do and takes minimal tools, youd still spend less on suspension and install by buying the tools youd need for the install.

Heres just a little comparison for you of what a basic icon stage 2 would cost you.

stage 2 kit

And for the 3K price point you can get a stage 4 complete kit.

stage 4 kit

Back