• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension Lift

MikeT1974

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I am looking to increase the tire size of my 2017 Tacoma to 285 75 17. What suspension lift kits and modifications are needed to accommodate that tire size. Would it be better to drop down to a 285 75 16 and reduce all the extra time, money and extensive labor ? Thank you for the help

You may want to consider 285/70r17 as well. I suggest pay one, cry once... get a king or icon suspension lift with OME rear springs (can also use AAL), and you should be good to go... if you think you will up tire size later then consider a cab mount chop (CMC) but not necessary for he 33" tire, if you have alignment properly adjusted.
So many options... you ultimately have to consider what you are trying to do, what your goals are and how much money you are willing / able to spend. If you share goals and budget you will get much better feedback.
Good luck, can't wait to see your truck pics!

Back