• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension Help

SegaPhreak

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I'm a total newb to suspension systems and lifts. I have attempted to google and read the suspension forum but the majority of it goes over my head. I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4wd with a 3"F/2"R Readylift SST Lift Kit running on 295 55R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I got the lift purely for aesthetic purposes but have done some off-roading in them. I enjoyed the off-roading so much that I would like to invest in a complete suspension system. I would really like to increase my lift height by an additional inch if possible to ride a little higher as I'll be getting C4 Fab Low Pro Bumper w/o Bull Bar w/winch and a back rack with tent so I want to make sure the lift can take the added weight. I've been looking at the following packages:

ICON

Toytec

King

BDS

I have no clue as to the different stages. I'm not going to be doing major rock crawling but want a system i can leisurely off road in without damaging my taco. Please help and please keep the snarky GOOGLE it / search the forums remarks to yourself. I have looked and again, i am very new to all of this and beseech your wisdom.

I live in San Antonio, TX and would like to stay within a 4-5k budget including install. I'd prefer to have a shop do the work as most will warranty the work. If i can get it for well under my budget, i would be most grateful. Also, if you have a recommendation for a suspension system, please link it in the reply so I can take a look at it. Thank you.

None of the options outside of the BDS is going to get you more than 3”. In my opinion, if you’re happy with the performance now, 5100s with the right coils would work great and be way under budget.

No crazy rock crawling, you said, but what are your plans? Fire road bombing, poor mans Baja racing? Maybe one day you outgrow the 5100s, and if so, buy once cry once.

The thing is I find the ride a little stiff when I go over something as small as a speed bump. I may not go crazy rock crawling but I do like off-roading I’m rocky hills. I’ve done Hidden Falls Adventure Park upto grade 3. I would like to do grade 4 or 5.

Back