• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Surge.

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
I now have 1145 miles on my new 2021. I have noticed a surge in acceleration when pulling into my garage. It is also noticeable when using reverse in parking lots. Seems like when I stop and then when I change directions.
Not sure what this could be or just normal function.
Mike

Had the same thing on my '17 Off Road and also my '18 Sport......

Had the same thing on my '17 Off Road and also my '18 Sport......

Double posted......huh.........:confused:

I've noticed mine do that when it's still in the cold start cycle. Probably because the idle is higher for the first couple minutes. I only really notice it when I back it out of the garage (cold) wash it then go to pull it back in (still cold) and it can be tough to ease back into its spot. Just gotta finesse it a little more. :cool:

Thank you folks for the info. I get a little concerned on this subject.
I had bought my wife a new 2009 RAV4. Limited. We drove it about 6k and it started having 'Unintended Acceleration'.
After going thru all the issues with the Toyota District we "traded" it back to them and we got another off the line. She drove that one till we traded in on the this new Tacoma.

I appreciate the assistance.
Best to you.
Mike Idaho

Mike, I had the same thing. I took it to the dealer and they 'fixed' it. There was a TSB for the ECM flash as I recall (#1258-18?). It's not as bad now.

Back